[Q] Choosing SIM and using 3G network on Dual SIM version

Tip us?

iamwyim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Choosing SIM and using 3G network on Dual SIM version

Hi all:

As far as I heard that the Dual SIM version of Moto G is only support for 3G+2G. I would like to ask whether if we can choose which SIM to run on 3G by simply changing the option on setting, rather than we have to plug the SIM card on the dedicated SIM slot (e.g. SIM 1 or SIM 2) in order to ensure that we can enjoy 3G network on a certain SIM card?

May I ask if anyone who is using the Dual SIM version of Moto G and check this out for me, Please?

Thanks in advance!
Current Phone 1 : Sony Xperia ZR
Current Rom : Stock android 4.3

davis60
Old
(Last edited by davis60; 28th December 2013 at 02:38 PM.) Reason: idk
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwyim View Post
Hi all:

As far as I heard that the Dual SIM version of Moto G is only support for 3G+2G. I would like to ask whether if we can choose which SIM to run on 3G by simply changing the option on setting, rather than we have to plug the SIM card on the dedicated SIM slot (e.g. SIM 1 or SIM 2) in order to ensure that we can enjoy 3G network on a certain SIM card?

May I ask if anyone who is using the Dual SIM version of Moto G and check this out for me, Please?

Thanks in advance!
Yes!

Only the first sim slot supports 3G network(also 2G) but the second sim slot supports only 2G.
You can use 3G services only in sim one.
The Following User Says Thank You to davis60 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamwyim
Old
(Last edited by iamwyim; 28th December 2013 at 04:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis60 View Post
Yes!

Only the first sim slot supports 3G network(also 2G) but the second sim slot supports only 2G.
You can use 3G services only in sim one.

That's what I am afraid of!
I'll prefer that it can choose 3G/2G mode by selecting the mode on setting rather than by the SIM card slot! Otherwise, I would have to swap the cards in order to get the thing done!!! Also,there is another drawback by choosing the 3G mode by the SIM slot. Since you have to swap the cards in order to use 3G mode on one of the sim card, you may have to re-certified your whatsapp/line once you are swapping your card!! That's pretty troublesome for users!!

Anyway, thanks for your help!!
Current Phone 1 : Sony Xperia ZR
Current Rom : Stock android 4.3