XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I unistall the launcher and now i have bootloop

Tip us?

DanielGatti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I unistall the launcher and now i have bootloop

Hello everyone, first of all merry chrismas and thanks for helping me.

I have an atrix 2 with 4.1.1 stock in system 1 and paranoid on system 3. I was using system 1 with the launcher GO LAUNCHER and i think that the stock launcher i frozen it with an app. I unistall go launcher and i forgot to install a new launcher or unfrozen the stock launcher so when i reboot the phone it keep on bootloop when I try to enter to system 1. Luckily i can enter system 3.

I know that a factory reset may fix it, but i need the data i have on that system. Is there anyway to install the launcher? Unluckyly i didn't have the usb debugging.

Thanks

Daniel

DanielGatti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anybody has even a clue?

If i can't restore the system is anyway to get back my photos and videos?

Thanks

turffe
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Boot to system_3 then using root browser copy missing launcher to /system/app, reboot to BMM & fix permissions. Done!

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk

DanielGatti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Turffe thanks for helping me.

I boot to system 3, install ES FILE EXPLORER and i go to /system/app but is the apps from system 3. How can i access to system 1 apps?

alteredlikeness
Old
(Last edited by alteredlikeness; 27th December 2013 at 04:51 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielGatti View Post
Turffe thanks for helping me.

I boot to system 3, install ES FILE EXPLORER and i go to /system/app but is the apps from system 3. How can i access to system 1 apps?
You can't. You would need to use adb or make a flashable zip package to restore the Launcher to system 1. Do you have a copy of the Launcher apk from stock 4.1.1? Can you access adb while bootlooping? Or you could put a 3rd party launcher in a zip package and install it to /system/app just to get booting again...

EDIT: I attached a zip with Nova launcher - just flash in System 1.. Should let you boot again, then you can find your stock Home launcher and delete Nova from /system/app (after you are certain you have another Launcher).

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Files
File Type: zip NovaLauncher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.68 MB, 7 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doseone/themselves View Post
Code:
...with the kind of hunger wings once sprung from...
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alteredlikeness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DanielGatti
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post
You can't. You would need to use adb or make a flashable zip package to restore the Launcher to system 1. Do you have a copy of the Launcher apk from stock 4.1.1? Can you access adb while bootlooping? Or you could put a 3rd party launcher in a zip package and install it to /system/app just to get booting again...

EDIT: I attached a zip with Nova launcher - just flash in System 1.. Should let you boot again, then you can find your stock Home launcher and delete Nova from /system/app (after you are certain you have another Launcher).

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank man, it works perfect. Thanks Thanks thanks