XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

possible to skip some steps?

Tip us?

blu422
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default possible to skip some steps?

so i have a stock NT and i wanna put cm11 on it i was wondering if i could skip rooting it and just fastboot flash the recovery.img provided in the cm11 page and then flash cm11 straight from that, is it possible to just do this?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 352
I don't think there is anyway to fastboot with NT stock ROM's boot.

You will need SD-based CWM (or TWRP) recovery to bootstrap the process of rooting or flashing CM.

blu422
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by digixmax View Post
I don't think there is anyway to fastboot with NT stock ROM's boot.

You will need SD-based CWM (or TWRP) recovery to bootstrap the process of rooting or flashing CM.
So pop in my cwm sdcard and from there flash cwm and cm11 to my nook?
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Any spare time? Check this out.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu422 View Post
So pop in my cwm sdcard and from there flash cwm and cm11 to my nook?
To flash CM11 you'll need use the recent CWM 6.0.4.3+ or TWRP 2.6.3.1+, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...75&postcount=2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=24 for getting flashable zip of these recovery versions.

(Alternatively you should be able to boot off SD-based Cyanoboot and select fastboot, then proceed to flash recovery using fastboot mode as you were originally considering).

After flashing these internal recovery, you'll need to boot off SD again and then (in Cyanoboot menu) select the new internal recovery to flash CM11 and corresponding Gapps.