Tip us?

KKKlown
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Bootloop with Kernel

Hi everyone,

I have an odd issue with my Nexus 7.
I have first used the Toolkit to make a clean update to 4.4.2. KOT49H.
Then I installed Purity Rom and PA Gapps, everything worked.
But when I tried to install a new Kernel (Oxydo or Faux123), I have a bootloop just after it.
I tried to wipe at differents stages, different roms, I tried the install in different orders but at the end, the only way is too wipe system or factory reset and then reinstall the custom Rom. I guess it works again because Purity has a proper kernel ?

I use TWRP v2.6.3.1.

Thanks.

Mojar7070
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Have you tried using the lean kernel?? I had issues with purity using m-kernel. I then switched to lean. I'm guessing with the minimalistic nature of lean kernel I didn't cause any problems with the system. Overclocked to 1500 using interactive governor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Leonhan
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKlown View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an odd issue with my Nexus 7.
I have first used the Toolkit to make a clean update to 4.4.2. KOT49H.
Then I installed Purity Rom and PA Gapps, everything worked.
But when I tried to install a new Kernel (Oxydo or Faux123), I have a bootloop just after it.
I tried to wipe at differents stages, different roms, I tried the install in different orders but at the end, the only way is too wipe system or factory reset and then reinstall the custom Rom. I guess it works again because Purity has a proper kernel ?

I use TWRP v2.6.3.1.

Thanks.
Oxydo kernel has some issues right now. Are you installing the v2 of the kernel?