5,598,980 Members 31,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lenovo S696 Unknown SIM Card ? Help pls

Tip us?

ah.khiang
Old
(Last edited by ah.khiang; 25th December 2013 at 10:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Lenovo S696 Unknown SIM Card ? Help pls

Hi, i got Lenovo S696 phone from friend. It was buy from China. And now the unit is bring to Indonesia. Something weird is happen.

The phone is Dual SIM, when i use local operator SIM, it say "Unknown type card" both, but there is signal bar show on menu bar. Also it can't connect to the internet, the APN list can't show local operator APN and ii can't be edited.

I did try to find some ROM (english ROM) but S696 seem to unpopuler model, so there is no ROM i could find, anyone can help me?

Does upgrading ROM/firmware can make the SIM card works at my country???

Any help would be appriciate, thanks all for read this...

Version Indo: lenovo S696
hardware Version: H-1-01
Software Version Number: S-1-01
Framework: 4.0.4
basebandversion: S696_1_A_3_SS_0109_130325
OS version: LenovoMagic4.0
Interbal version: S696_1_S_2_SS_0111_130325

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah.khiang View Post
Hi, i got Lenovo S696 phone from friend. It was buy from China. And now the unit is bring to Indonesia. Something weird is happen.

The phone is Dual SIM, when i use local operator SIM, it say "Unknown type card" both, but there is signal bar show on menu bar. Also it can't connect to the internet, the APN list can't show local operator APN and ii can't be edited.

I did try to find some ROM (english ROM) but S696 seem to unpopuler model, so there is no ROM i could find, anyone can help me?

No, it wont work until you flash it to a provider in your country. Sense the phone was activated in another country, your not going to be able to use networking because the provider is out of range. Also if you get signal, and the provider from the phone's country has retail stores in your country, then the networks in your country could be blocking your phone from receiving networking, sense its using a different area code, ip,etc.

You best bet is going to your local service provider and getting the for unlocked or flashed to that service. They will give you a new SIM card and everything should work awesome

ah.khiang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
No, it wont work until you flash it to a provider in your country. Sense the phone was activated in another country, your not going to be able to use networking because the provider is out of range. Also if you get signal, and the provider from the phone's country has retail stores in your country, then the networks in your country could be blocking your phone from receiving networking, sense its using a different area code, ip,etc.

You best bet is going to your local service provider and getting the for unlocked or flashed to that service. They will give you a new SIM card and everything should work awesome

Hi, thanks for your reply, i would like to flash it, but the problem is i can't get any rom/custom rom for Lenovo S696 ...

I did try go to the local operator office, but they can't get my phone work either ...

sarry86
Old
(Last edited by sarry86; 28th December 2013 at 05:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah.khiang View Post

You have to root your phone first using SRS Root application, then install an application from Play Store that called HiAPN Global, use that to set your default APN settings, about "Unknown Type Card" just rename your sim card to a desired carrier.

ah.khiang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarry86 View Post
You have to root your phone first using SRS Root application, then install an application from Play Store that called HiAPN Global, use that to set your default APN settings, about "Unknown Type Card" just rename your sim card to a desired carrier.

Hi thanks for reply, i will try it as you mention above later, because the phone is sent to lenovo local service center for help. i hope its works