XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle app not working with cm10.1

Tip us?

Beaker319
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Kindle app not working with cm10.1

I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with CM10.1 a few months ago. Everything was working GREAT! Now all of a sudden the Kindle App get's the the error "Unfortunately Amazon Kindle Has Stopped". I have un-installed the app several times. I even have re-flashed the rom. I still get the same error. I have searched the web and can not find the answer. I tried a manual update for CM and I now get the same error with that process. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was really enjoying the Kindle App in my rooted device!!

Regards,
Beaker319

SimpleSimon1979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker319 View Post
I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with CM10.1 a few months ago. Everything was working GREAT! Now all of a sudden the Kindle App get's the the error "Unfortunately Amazon Kindle Has Stopped". I have un-installed the app several times. I even have re-flashed the rom. I still get the same error. I have searched the web and can not find the answer. I tried a manual update for CM and I now get the same error with that process. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was really enjoying the Kindle App in my rooted device!!

Regards,
Beaker319
Hi

I've been experiencing the same problem after successfully installing the CM10.1 mod on the wife's Kindle Fire 2 today. Every time I opened the Kindle app it immediately closed with this same error message you have been getting. I suspected it was the app version itself and took a punt at finding an older version of the .apk to try and side load it.

Ended up finding v3.6.0.87 and now its all working perfectly. I know technically the devices aren't the same but I suspect the glitch is more likely to be the deliberate work of Amazon's developers and logically if you get a version before this change was added it should work for you too.

Hope this helps.