XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New user q's re: email

Tip us?

Nomad1600
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default New user q's re: email

Hi, hope its OK for a soon-to-be user (decided on SW2 over Pebble) to ask a few basic questions about email questions. First, I use a GS3 rooted with a 4.1.2 ROM (BoneStock). I understand that the email notifications using the stock app on SW2 only gets notifications from Sony phones, so I am guessing I will need to use a different notification app to get email notifications other than GMail. I use the stock email app to get my Comcast emails (POP3) on my phone... is there a recommended notification app that works (or works best) with stock email apps?

I also see that there is a K9 email app for the SW2... I can switch to K9 on my phone if it works better with notifications on my SW2. Have others started using K9 on their phones for that reason, and are there added benefits doing so?

Seeing text message notifications (with the added ability to send canned replies easily) will be my primary use case for the SW2, then seeing email notifications, so before I get the watch I wanted to make sure I was able to satisfy both use cases. Thanks in advance!
Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S III running LiquidSmooth 3.0 (retired phone: HTC Thunderbolt running InfectedROM NuSense Eternity); HP TouchPad running OaT CM10.1, Sony SmartWatch 2

vrl13
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Hi,
Try researching Augmented for smartwatches. It is more than capable to extract and display notifications from whatever application you want, be it gmail or k9 (it is equipped by design for these two and a few others) or any other you might choose to use.

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk
.................. Forever Two Wheels

Xperia V LT25i "Tsubasa" || MT6577 Allview AX1 Shine
Coming from: Motorola MB526 (Defy+) powered by Quarx