5,595,067 Members 39,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom Rom FAIL, is my Nexus forever lost?

Tip us?

DroidDoode
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Custom Rom FAIL, is my Nexus forever lost?

Hi everyone.

I was trying to install Cyanogenmod on my nexus, I was doing so using the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.9. I went through the initial setup fine, unlocked my device, rooted it to SuperSU and got up to the stage where I wiped the System, the Cache, the Delvik Cache and the Data. However when trying to install the Rom I forgot to add the gapps zip file which seemed important in the video tutorial I was watching.

From this I panicked and tried to restart my device to see if I could still transfer the zip from my computer to the tablet. However in the midst of panick I forgot I had wiped tthe system and I wouldn't be able to communicate with my PC to transfer the file. So I tried to go back to the Recovery Mode to still try and load up Cyanogemod so I at least have some system files. However now the custom recovery won't load either. I fear the worst that my tablet is irreparable, can anyone help me find out of there is anything I can do.

I have looked all over but nowehere on the internet is there a problem similiar to mine, truly one of a kind idiocy from my part. But if anyone could help it would be great.

billiejackfu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidDoode View Post
Hi everyone.

I was trying to install Cyanogenmod on my nexus, I was doing so using the Nexus Root Toolkit v1.7.9. I went through the initial setup fine, unlocked my device, rooted it to SuperSU and got up to the stage where I wiped the System, the Cache, the Delvik Cache and the Data. However when trying to install the Rom I forgot to add the gapps zip file which seemed important in the video tutorial I was watching.

From this I panicked and tried to restart my device to see if I could still transfer the zip from my computer to the tablet. However in the midst of panick I forgot I had wiped tthe system and I wouldn't be able to communicate with my PC to transfer the file. So I tried to go back to the Recovery Mode to still try and load up Cyanogemod so I at least have some system files. However now the custom recovery won't load either. I fear the worst that my tablet is irreparable, can anyone help me find out of there is anything I can do.

I have looked all over but nowehere on the internet is there a problem similiar to mine, truly one of a kind idiocy from my part. But if anyone could help it would be great.

Use the Nexus Root Toolkit.

Reflash stock using "Soft-Bricked/Bootloop"

Just start the device in Fastboot mode (Hold Power and Up/Down Volume Rockers)

I've done the same and it worked just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to billiejackfu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DQEight
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You would've been fine without the gapps, you just wouldn't have the play store and other Google apps installed. Then you could've rebooted and installed it at any time. Give what the person before me suggested a go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DQEight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidDoode
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiejackfu View Post
Use the Nexus Root Toolkit.

Reflash stock using "Soft-Bricked/Bootloop"

Just start the device in Fastboot mode (Hold Power and Up/Down Volume Rockers)

I've done the same and it worked just fine.
Thank you for your reply. I tried this in the Nexus Root Toolkit and it says:

sending 'bootloader' <3911KB>...
OKAY [0.468s]
writting 'bootloader'...
FAILED <remote: <InvalidState>>
finished. total time: 0.701s

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'

Then at "checking product..." it says:

sending 'system' <625382 KB>...
FAILED <remote: <Nv3pBadReceiveLength>>
finished. total time: 4.853s

Those are the only two parts that failed. Any further help? Do you need the full log?

Leonhan
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidDoode View Post
Thank you for your reply. I tried this in the Nexus Root Toolkit and it says:

sending 'bootloader' <3911KB>...
OKAY [0.468s]
writting 'bootloader'...
FAILED <remote: <InvalidState>>
finished. total time: 0.701s

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'

Then at "checking product..." it says:

sending 'system' <625382 KB>...
FAILED <remote: <Nv3pBadReceiveLength>>
finished. total time: 4.853s

Those are the only two parts that failed. Any further help? Do you need the full log?
Try changing USB ports. This happened to me when I was using a faulty usb slot in my computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leonhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rezistrat
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'd re lock the nexus through the toolkit download a factory image and soft boot recovery as was posted before exact thing happened to me and I was able to save it

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rezistrat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DroidDoode
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonhan View Post
Try changing USB ports. This happened to me when I was using a faulty usb slot in my computer.
I can't believe it was that simple... All I did was change USB ports and I was able to revert to stock Android and now I have installed CM and it is running buttery smooth. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I thought it was a lost cause!