few questions

Tip us?

cannondaleV2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Default few questions

ok so im geting a one s soon. big upgrade from the nexus one. and i know its not top of the line and everything but im wondering with overclocking in like bubba kernel running cpu at 1.7 and gpu at 512mhz will games and such run well
Current device: HTC One S
ROM: Vanir
Kernel: vanir kernel

old devices:mytouch 3G(retired)Nexus One(EMMc died)Samsung Vibrant(bricked by odin)Samsung captivate(broken screen)

350Rocket
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I used to have the n1 and loved it. The improvement in speed to the one s though is huge.

I don't play a lot of games but at least in anything else I do there would be no point in overclocking.

It barely ever lags at all and battery life is better than the n1 by far.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

cannondaleV2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket View Post
I used to have the n1 and loved it. The improvement in speed to the one s though is huge.

I don't play a lot of games but at least in anything else I do there would be no point in overclocking.

It barely ever lags at all and battery life is better than the n1 by far.

awesome another person that came from the n1. the emmc in mine died yesterday sadly. so i figured why not upgrade to a dualcore because i dont need quadcore 2.3ghz specs and all that

old devices:mytouch 3G(retired)Nexus One(EMMc died)Samsung Vibrant(bricked by odin)Samsung captivate(broken screen)

350Rocket
Old
Thanks Meter 48
My n1 was over 3 years old when I traded it and a desire z for a desire hd. I had that for a couple months and sold it and bought the one s at pawn shop for really cheap.

Some body damage and a small chip at the edge of the glass. The only thing that makes me want a new phone is that I've only had used phones for 3 years now and I want to have a brand new latest and greatest one to keep for several years.

Nothing about the one s feels slow even compared to the new ones. Only downside is the crappy quiet speaker on it and displays are better on the new ones but that's just a luxury.

cannondaleV2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket View Post
My n1 was over 3 years old when I traded it and a desire z for a desire hd. I had that for a couple months and sold it and bought the one s at pawn shop for really cheap.

Some body damage and a small chip at the edge of the glass. The only thing that makes me want a new phone is that I've only had used phones for 3 years now and I want to have a brand new latest and greatest one to keep for several years.

Nothing about the one s feels slow even compared to the new ones. Only downside is the crappy quiet speaker on it and displays are better on the new ones but that's just a luxury.

Yeah loved the n1 and my sgs 1 but want dual core and more ram and don't need the specs of like the nexus 5 so i will be getting a one s.because I love htc build quality and don't the money to get a one but played with a friends one s and it's fast and will do what I want