XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Update Apps

Tip us?

Android Attack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default Can't Update Apps

Hey, everyone. I've recently come across an issue with Google Play. I'm running CyanFox 2.0.1 which is Android 4.4.2. I don't believe this is a ROM issue. I haven't bothered to wipe and reflash yet. I came across this issue about a week of running CyanFox 2.0.1, so it didn't pop up right away. Anyways, the issue is that I can not update any apps. When I open the Play Store and go to my apps, it tells me there aren't any updates. I know this is wrong because if I open up Aptoide, it tells me there are updates for my apps. However, if I try to update via Aptoide, I get an error that says the App Package name already exists and it can't install. Not sure what is going on, but I'm hoping there is an easy fix without having to wipe and reflash everything.

Thanks

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack View Post
Hey, everyone. I've recently come across an issue with Google Play. I'm running CyanFox 2.0.1 which is Android 4.4.2. I don't believe this is a ROM issue. I haven't bothered to wipe and reflash yet. I came across this issue about a week of running CyanFox 2.0.1, so it didn't pop up right away. Anyways, the issue is that I can not update any apps. When I open the Play Store and go to my apps, it tells me there aren't any updates. I know this is wrong because if I open up Aptoide, it tells me there are updates for my apps. However, if I try to update via Aptoide, I get an error that says the App Package name already exists and it can't install. Not sure what is going on, but I'm hoping there is an easy fix without having to wipe and reflash everything.

Thanks
You could try to remove your google account and then re-add it. I've been running this rom w/o issue for almost 3 weeks (unofficial and now official) of course I started by using the wipe for new rom option in Philz recovery (under factory reset)

As always, a clean flash is always recommended (the XDA mantra)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o
The Following User Says Thank You to jdelano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdsingle76
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2313
You could also try clearing Party Store data and cache in the app manager first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jdsingle76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android Attack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano View Post
You could try to remove your google account and then re-add it. I've been running this rom w/o issue for almost 3 weeks (unofficial and now official) of course I started by using the wipe for new rom option in Philz recovery (under factory reset)

As always, a clean flash is always recommended (the XDA mantra)
Thanks for the suggestion! I did clean flash when I originally flashed the ROM, I just didn't want to wipe everything and reflash just to get the apps to update. I tried removing and re-adding the account without any luck. I think I'll just wait for the next CyanFox build before I wipe anything. Thanks for the suggestion, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsingle76 View Post
You could also try clearing Party Store data and cache in the app manager first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I did wipe the Play Store data without any luck. It's not too big a deal, I can just wait for the next CyanFox build. Thanks!

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I did clean flash when I originally flashed the ROM, I just didn't want to wipe everything and reflash just to get the apps to update. I tried removing and re-adding the account without any luck. I think I'll just wait for the next CyanFox build before I wipe anything. Thanks for the suggestion, though

I did wipe the Play Store data without any luck. It's not too big a deal, I can just wait for the next CyanFox build. Thanks!
Yeah, I've read their site and I don't know what their ROM cycle is. Not weekly as the Official came out the 18th.

Android Attack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano View Post
Yeah, I've read their site and I don't know what their ROM cycle is. Not weekly as the Official came out the 18th.
I was looking around their Google + page and found a post that said they're trying to get builds out at least once a month. I know they just upgraded their servers, so build times are much shorter now. But yeah, I don't think they really have a release schedule. They're doing a good job, though. Looks like their user base is growing quite rapidly

jdelano
Old
Thanks Meter 668
yeah they're doing really great. I can't wait to see whats next.