5,605,373 Members 41,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q-TWRP for after the OTA

Tip us?
 
podagee
Old
#1  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,258
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Default Q-TWRP for after the OTA

i am wondering about the lack of support for the d800. it seems we who are with at&t are left behind,cause, after doing the ota update and rooting we are left with Freegee to flash recovery that is outdated,(TWRP 2.6.3.0) and the clockworkmod does not do anything right.
post are saying Flashify works and it doesnt ive tried over and over with all types of TWRP images and zip's. and still nothing. even with roms we are left behind.
if anyone has any idea how to install TWRP 2.6.3.3 after the OTA please help out.
AT&T LG G2-completely stock(no root)-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.

"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
fountain79
Old
#2  
fountain79's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 64
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Clay City, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
i am wondering about the lack of support for the d800. it seems we who are with at&t are left behind,cause, after doing the ota update and rooting we are left with Freegee to flash recovery that is outdated,(TWRP 2.6.3.0) and the clockworkmod does not do anything right.
post are saying Flashify works and it doesnt ive tried over and over with all types of TWRP images and zip's. and still nothing. even with roms we are left behind.
if anyone has any idea how to install TWRP 2.6.3.3 after the OTA please help out.
You should flash back to stock. It took me about an hour and that was 're rooting. I googled how to unroot LG g2 att version and there's a video that will walk you right through it. I watched it about 5 times and it was real simple. The hardest part is downloading the 2 gb file. I am not a noob nor an expert but it was real easy. I didn't want to wait any longer to flash

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

If there is anything I can do to help I will.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
podagee
Old
#3  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,258
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain79 View Post
You should flash back to stock. It took me about an hour and that was 're rooting. I googled how to unroot LG g2 att version and there's a video that will walk you right through it. I watched it about 5 times and it was real simple. The hardest part is downloading the 2 gb file. I am not a noob nor an expert but it was real easy. I didn't want to wait any longer to flash

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

If there is anything I can do to help I will.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks i went back to stock about a million times already so i know that part. the thing is i want TWRP 2.6.3.3 after the ota. cause i usually end back at stock since its better and the roms we have for att are limited and unstable. i hate going back then having to redo my whole phone. we need devs for att.
AT&T LG G2-completely stock(no root)-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.

"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
datechnerd
Old
(Last edited by datechnerd; 28th December 2013 at 09:05 PM.)
#4  
datechnerd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 306
Join Date: Sep 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
i am wondering about the lack of support for the d800. it seems we who are with at&t are left behind,cause, after doing the ota update and rooting we are left with Freegee to flash recovery that is outdated,(TWRP 2.6.3.0) and the clockworkmod does not do anything right.
post are saying Flashify works and it doesnt ive tried over and over with all types of TWRP images and zip's. and still nothing. even with roms we are left behind.
if anyone has any idea how to install TWRP 2.6.3.3 after the OTA please help out.
If you pull the aboot.img

dan@pc:~$ adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/data/local/tmp/aboot.img
shell@android:/ # chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/aboot.img
shell@android:/ # exit
shell@android:/ $ exit
dan@pc:~$ adb pull /data/local/tmp/aboot.img
3293 KB/s (2097152 bytes in 0.621s)

And upload it I'll try patching twrp for the update.
Current Device: Verizon Galaxy S4

If you feel like donating click here

 
podagee
Old
#5  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,258
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by datechnerd View Post
If you pull the aboot.img

dan@pc:~$ adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
shell@android:/ # dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/data/local/tmp/aboot.img
shell@android:/ # chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/aboot.img
shell@android:/ # exit
shell@android:/ $ exit
dan@pc:~$ adb pull /data/local/tmp/aboot.img
3293 KB/s (2097152 bytes in 0.621s)

And upload it I'll try patching twrp for the update.
dangit sorry i just went back to stock,rooted,installed twrp, and now im on cleanrom. hopefully someone sees this and does it.
AT&T LG G2-completely stock(no root)-wrapped in Ballistic SG MAXX case.

"Its not the device....its operator error."

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes