5,600,725 Members 38,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about Stock browser !!

Tip us?

3to4
Old
(Last edited by 3to4; 26th December 2013 at 12:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Question about Stock browser !!

Hello,

On my N5120 (Samsung stock deodexed and rooted), my bookmarks in thumbnail view are displayed as in 2nd attached photo.
I tried AOSP browser, my bookmarks are displayed as in 1st photo. And, obviously, I prefer the way the bookmarks are displayed in AOSP browser.

My question: Is there a way to modify SecBrowser.apk in Samsung stock rom, so that the bookmarks be displayed as in AOSP browser.
(Maybe, by modding a file in res/layout?? But, which file and how??)

You may ask why I just don't use AOSP browser. The reason is CSC feature to add an exit button to browser does not work with AOSP browser.

Off course, if I can add an exit button to AOSP broswer, that's also fine for me. But, this seems more complicated.

Can any one help??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_AOSP.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2474720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_GN.png
Views:	523
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	2474721  
HTC Sensation XE
Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
Galaxy Note 2 (N7105)
Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5120)

3to4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3to4 View Post
Hello,

On my N5120 (Samsung stock deodexed and rooted), my bookmarks in thumbnail view are displayed as in 2nd attached photo.
I tried AOSP browser, my bookmarks are displayed as in 1st photo. And, obviously, I prefer the way the bookmarks are displayed in AOSP browser.

My question: Is there a way to modify SecBrowser.apk in Samsung stock rom, so that the bookmarks be displayed as in AOSP browser.
(Maybe, by modding a file in res/layout?? But, which file and how??)

You may ask why I just don't use AOSP browser. The reason is CSC feature to add an exit button to browser does not work with AOSP browser.

Off course, if I can add an exit button to AOSP broswer, that's also fine for me. But, this seems more complicated.

Can any one help??
I have been trying to change in xml files in res/layout without success, which is normal as I don't know anything about programming....

I just had a thought! Maybe, the difference in the way that the bookmarks are displayed is in UI between Phone and Tablet.

Is there a way to set stock browser in Phone UI?
HTC Sensation XE
Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
Galaxy Note 2 (N7105)
Galaxy Note 8.0 (N5120)