[Q] Need ADB sideload

Tip us?

withoutnickname
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Need ADB sideload

Hello.

I have problem with my phone, i format all memory, and now i have no recovery or any rom to flash it,from what i know and read, only option for me is ADB sideload rom to phone, cause like now i can only go in fastboot, flash new recovery, that it.

The problem is, i think only twrp have ADB sideload function, and .......i can't use it, touch don't work in twrp, volume up/down also do nothing. is there any other method to put rom on card in phone ? Also i can't connect phone to my pc, for some reasons computer don't see my phone, i'm able to flash new recovery through cmd, but can't make pc to see phone as usb mass storage. So now i stuck. anyone have something similar ? And figure out how to put rom in memory card ?

M@c|-|oR
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutnickname View Post
Hello.

I have problem with my phone, i format all memory, and now i have no recovery or any rom to flash it,from what i know and read, only option for me is ADB sideload rom to phone, cause like now i can only go in fastboot, flash new recovery, that it.

The problem is, i think only twrp have ADB sideload function, and .......i can't use it, touch don't work in twrp, volume up/down also do nothing. is there any other method to put rom on card in phone ? Also i can't connect phone to my pc, for some reasons computer don't see my phone, i'm able to flash new recovery through cmd, but can't make pc to see phone as usb mass storage. So now i stuck. anyone have something similar ? And figure out how to put rom in memory card ?
How in the World you managed to do so???
Erasing recovery???
Well, I never used ADB push. The easiest way is to flash Philz recovery again, mount sd card and copy the ROM.zip to sd card.
Android Revolution 33.1
With Lyapota #23LM

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 27th December 2013 at 09:41 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7416

DONATE TO ME
And why double posting problems. Old thread is only 3 days old

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582565

Flash this recovery

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And do whats been told. Mount the sdcard in the mounts and storage menu. Wait a couple of minutes (yes literally minutes) it will pop up !

And if you did search the twrp thread (touch not working) you would have found the repacked 2.4.0.0 -JB twrp recovery. It's been discussed there many......many times !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

withoutnickname
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
i can't do it cause in recovery i can't mount phone as storage so i can't put rom on it. having only recovery give me nothing if i'm not able put rom in phone. if problem will be only recovery, then i wouldn't bother you guys. my main problem is that pc don't see phone, all drivers are installed, yet nothing works.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i can't do it cause in recovery i can't mount phone as storage so i can't put rom on it. having only recovery give me nothing if i'm not able put rom in phone. if problem will be only recovery, then i wouldn't bother you guys. my main problem is that pc don't see phone, all drivers are installed, yet nothing works.
Man flash the recovery on @Mr Hofs with fastboot. After this go in recovery and mound sd card and put your ROM on the card and flash the boot.img and the rom!!!
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

withoutnickname
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Man flash the recovery on @Mr Hofs with fastboot. After this go in recovery and mound sd card and put your ROM on the card and flash the boot.img and the rom!!!

only one recovery which allowed me install sd card is philz touch 6.0.1.0 , no other works, so i manage that, just now get error 7 in few roms. this phone drive me crazy !!! but i WILL install some rom.

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
only one recovery which allowed me install sd card is philz touch 6.0.1.0 , no other works, so i manage that, just now get error 7 in few roms. this phone drive me crazy !!! but i WILL install some rom.
And on @Mr Hofs work but on 5.15 you must to wait 2-4 minutes to mount the sd card. Wich ROM are you try for the first time I ever heard for Error7 when you copy the rom to sd card unmount the same and disconect the phone from computer while the installation.
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

withoutnickname
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
And on @Mr Hofs work but on 5.15 you must to wait 2-4 minutes to mount the sd card. Wich ROM are you try for the first time I ever heard for Error7 when you copy the rom to sd card unmount the same and disconect the phone from computer while the installation.

i try viper, cm11,project x revolution, always had error 7
i put rom on sd card in phone, flash boot img, shut down, disconnect cable, boot in recovery, wipe and stuff, install rom, error 7, i never disconnect cable during installation, i even don't touch phone more than i need to.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7416

DONATE TO ME
Its the recovery i guess. Have you tried this.....rom is now on the phone so that problem is done. Flash the 5.15 recovery and install the rom.zip.......spit out ideas and thinking out loud.....these are all things to test.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

withoutnickname
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I gave up, just bought new phone, root, rom, no problems, same model. maybe previous one was kinda...."different"