5,600,841 Members 41,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WIND T889V w/ T889 Modem 4.3 Update?

Tip us?

mrumble
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] WIND T889V w/ T889 Modem 4.3 Update?

Hi all. I have looked around and searched and not been able to find an answer to my question. If a thread has escaped me, I apologize now and please point me in the right direction.

I have a Note 2 T889V formerly from Wind Mobile, now on Virgin (Canada). I bought it off a kid broke it after he flashed the wrong modem on it, so now it runs baseband T889UVBMD1. It's currently running Android 4.1.2

As far as I know, nobody has sucessfully restored a T889V modem after a T889 modem has been flasehed (please! correct me if I'm wrong). Has anyone with this strange combination of modems been able to upgrade to Andoird 4.3? I'd love to be able to.

Your experience would be appreciated.

cr2069
Old
(Last edited by cr2069; 27th December 2013 at 05:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrumble View Post
Hi all. I have looked around and searched and not been able to find an answer to my question. If a thread has escaped me, I apologize now and please point me in the right direction.

I have a Note 2 T889V formerly from Wind Mobile, now on Virgin (Canada). I bought it off a kid broke it after he flashed the wrong modem on it, so now it runs baseband T889UVBMD1. It's currently running Android 4.1.2

As far as I know, nobody has sucessfully restored a T889V modem after a T889 modem has been flasehed (please! correct me if I'm wrong). Has anyone with this strange combination of modems been able to upgrade to Andoird 4.3? I'd love to be able to.

Your experience would be appreciated.
I am using a Wind Mobile T889v, but here using TMobile. Here is my experience:

In Android 4.1.2, I flashed TMobile/Wind radio/Modem as ease, never got any problem, even TMobile/Wind ROM too, different combinations and all worked as a charm. Eventually I ended up with Wind ROM with TMobile radio since I am here to use TMobile. I used TWRP to flash, and it always worked as expected using the ROM/Modem from MrRobinson:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1975560

And once I even flashed Videotron's ROM/Modem and still no problem.

However, after updating to 4.3, I got big trouble by playing around. First I flashed Wind ROM/Radio without problem and phone worked good using mattlowry's work:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554226

Then I tried to flash TMobile radio as in 4.1.2. But IMEI corrupted after I flashed TMobile radio TWICE. The first time I flashed a TMobile modem, it actually worked fine. But the second time(supposed to be same radio for 4.3 but from different source) it ruined my T889v. And I had to send it to repair to have it fixed.

Currently, I am running Wind ROM with TMobile modem in my phone, stock 4.3 ROM. And the guy who fixed my phone said there is NO problem if I want to flash Wind modem, which I think yes too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cr2069 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrumble
Old
(Last edited by mrumble; 29th December 2013 at 11:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks. I updated to 4.3 using the Wind ROM, T Mobile modem and devil kernel. Everything good so far. WiFi and LTE working on Virgin.