XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hdmi to Tv??

Tip us?

rob97ss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Hdmi to Tv??

Is there any way to connect S4 to Hdmi to Tv??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nfamisnme
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Ya need one of these....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/996668...678088-9807236

The Following User Says Thank You to nfamisnme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rob97ss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Thanks. .I have one of those that I used with the Og Evo!!! It's nor working with this phone. Is there any differences between mhl adaptes or r they all the Same? ?

nfamisnme
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Yup u need the one designated for the s4. I sent u that link as an example of what they are. Personally I would get it from samsung. I've bought 3 that said they work with s4 and they didnt. I have a friend who got the one from Samsung and his works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to nfamisnme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sainthooligan
Old
(Last edited by sainthooligan; 28th December 2013 at 10:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
a lot of them DO work with the S4 still that are "older" mhl adapters, but you also need the 5 to 11 pin adapter for those to work like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0089V...110_SY165_QL70

Otherwise, just get one line what was noted a couple of posts up, as it's already utilizing the 11pins and saves you the trouble. (make sure you're getting a legit one & check the reviews!)

Alternately, you can get the allshare cast hub (by Samsung) which also mirrors via hdmi.
It is also possible without an mhl dongle or allshare cast hub to push things (pics, movies & youtube) directly if you have tv/home theater/blu ray that's dlna enabled to push to.
I've done it from the older mhl w/ 11 pin adapter, newer 11 pin, allshare hub & by dlna enabled device without issue. I mainly use the latter nowawdays, but still use the other methods on occasion because of the screen mirroring.
As a side note, both mhl adapters are OEM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sainthooligan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fireredpanda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default :(

Its sad I didn't know this thing had HDMI out capabilities