5,606,297 Members 33,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help ASAP

Tip us?

chudze
Old
(Last edited by chudze; 28th December 2013 at 04:07 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Need help ASAP

Hi all,

I need help badly. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s4, rooted it on the mj7 build, there was an ota mk2 I did. After I was done updating root was broken. I am sending the phone back and needed to remove root and the custom boot logo. I did a factory reset on the device, I downloaded Odin and tried numerous m5 files to flash back to stock. It keeps failing. Now the phone won't boot normally. Someone please help

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudze View Post
Hi all,

I need help badly. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s4, rooted it on the mj7 build, there was an ota mk2 I did. After I was done updating root was broken. I am sending the phone back and needed to remove root and the custom boot logo. I did a factory reset on the device, I downloaded Odin and tried numerous m5 files to flash back to stock. It keeps failing. Now the phone won't boot normally. Someone please help
If you're going to return the phone, flash the emergency recovery MJ7 ROM in the Android Development thread.
Hopefully you didn't trip the Knox Warranty Void flag with your serial flashing.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

chudze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
If you're going to return the phone, flash the emergency recovery MJ7 ROM in the Android Development thread.
Hopefully you didn't trip the Knox Warranty Void flag with your serial flashing.

Hi, thanks for replying. I was able to successfully restore to mk2, I don't see the boot screen that says Samsung custom, and I don't see supersu either. I don't know what knox is, and how would I check to see if something happened to that?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chudze View Post
Hi, thanks for replying. I was able to successfully restore to mk2, I don't see the boot screen that says Samsung custom, and I don't see supersu either. I don't know what knox is, and how would I check to see if something happened to that?
Boot your phone into bootloader mode and read the REALLY TINY text. One line will read "Knox Warranty Void" and either 0x0 (warranty OK) or 0x1 (warranty void).

Get into bootloader mode by powering off, then holding volume down, home, then power. Release when the phone vibrates.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

chudze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Boot your phone into bootloader mode and read the REALLY TINY text. One line will read "Knox Warranty Void" and either 0x0 (warranty OK) or 0x1 (warranty void).

Get into bootloader mode by powering off, then holding volume down, home, then power. Release when the phone vibrates.
OK, I followed your instructions and it says 0x0, so everything should be OK. Thank you