5,595,964 Members 31,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HDMI out for Sony SGPT111US/S ???

Tip us?

siratfus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default HDMI out for Sony SGPT111US/S ???

Sony Tablet S aka Sony SGPT111US/S

Hey guys, I started to realize the limitations of "throwing" because you have to throw within the Video Player videos you've saved or downloaded. We do a lot of streaming sites, so I guess mirroring is what we need.

A sony rep told me that those micro usb to HDMI adapters will not work. So I would like to know if there are solutions to what I want to do? Is there a hack or something to make micro usb to HDMI adapters work? Or, an app that would allow MIRROR DISPLAY?

PLease advise, thank you.

siratfus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
No working solutions for what I want to do?

Cat McGowan
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by siratfus View Post
Sony Tablet S aka Sony SGPT111US/S

Hey guys, I started to realize the limitations of "throwing" because you have to throw within the Video Player videos you've saved or downloaded. We do a lot of streaming sites, so I guess mirroring is what we need.

A sony rep told me that those micro usb to HDMI adapters will not work. So I would like to know if there are solutions to what I want to do? Is there a hack or something to make micro usb to HDMI adapters work? Or, an app that would allow MIRROR DISPLAY?

PLease advise, thank you.
The Sony Tablet S does not incorporate the necessary hardware to provide MHL USB to HDMI output. The tablet does provide, as you know, some DLNA capabilities with a few of its native apps. Perhaps other apps like DLNA Server, Streambels AirPlay/DLNA Player, or BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA will meet your needs.
Xperia Tablet Z (SGP312U1/B) with Android 4.2.2 build 10.3.1.C.0.136 Rooted
Sony Tablet S (SGPT112US/S) with Android 4.0.3r5a build TISU0013410 Rooted

siratfus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat McGowan View Post
The Sony Tablet S does not incorporate the necessary hardware to provide MHL USB to HDMI output. The tablet does provide, as you know, some DLNA capabilities with a few of its native apps. Perhaps other apps like DLNA Server, Streambels AirPlay/DLNA Player, or BubbleUPnP UPnP/DLNA will meet your needs.
Do you know if any of those apps you mentioned allow mirroring?

CoolApps
Old
Thanks Meter 597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siratfus View Post
Do you know if any of those apps you mentioned allow mirroring?
They do not mirror your display.
I remember an app which mirrors your display onto a computer and control it from their via wifi though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk