5,598,086 Members 41,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows XP KFU driver issues (unsigned driver)

Tip us?

D_Squ4red
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Windows XP KFU driver issues (unsigned driver)

I know this has been mentioned 1000 times, and I'm pretty sure I've read 999 of those, but I cannot install the KFU drivers on Windows XP. I have tried 3 different machines (all XP) and am getting the same errors. (XP is on all of the machines at my parents house, if I cannot figure it out before I go back home after the holidays I will try all of this on my Windows 7 machine and it will probably be easier)

I have read every post in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192818

and have read the OP's posts in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...signed+drivers

I have deleted any/all kindle/android drivers, both hidden and showing. I have allowed unsigned drivers to be installed both with warning and without warning.

When I first run install_drivers, a cmd window pops up for a short time. Attached is a screenshot of the error. "'and' is not recognized as an internal or external command".

I then get the unsigned drivers error, screenshot of this also attached.

I haven't seen anything about the cmd 'and' error before, so I was hoping that this new bit of information would help. Any help would be appreciated, as I would love to root my parents old kindle before I head home after the holidays.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire error 2.jpg
Views:	5464
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2480206  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp fire error 1.bmp - [Click for QR Code] (40.8 KB, 14 views)

D_Squ4red
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also worth mentioning, I've ensured the account I am using is an admin account