5,599,394 Members 38,097 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Galaxy s4 Bootloader locked?

Tip us?

Proxy638
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sprint Galaxy s4 Bootloader locked?

When on download mode it says write protection enabled.....

its not letting me flash an AT&T or Tmobile modem either and I suspect that it is related to the write protection being enabled, Is it possible to disable said write protection? I've searched all over XDA and all I keep getting is some safestrap recovery nonsense

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2350
First of all. why are you trying to flash a ATT or T-mobile módem m

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy638 View Post
When on download mode it says write protection enabled.....

its not letting me flash an AT&T or Tmobile modem either and I suspect that it is related to the write protection being enabled, Is it possible to disable said write protection? I've searched all over XDA and all I keep getting is some safestrap recovery nonsense
Write protection enabled has nothing to do with the bootloader being locked. It says that on every phone. The reason why it fails is those modems aren't compatible with our phone. If you are trying to use your phone on those networks you have to unlock your sim slot and change the apn.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

Proxy638
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Write protection enabled has nothing to do with the bootloader being locked. It says that on every phone. The reason why it fails is those modems aren't compatible with our phone. If you are trying to use your phone on those networks you have to unlock your sim slot and change the apn.
the point is that I want to enable 4G on those frequencies.

If I'm not wrong they should be compatible but for they are being blocked off by software means?

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
the point is that I want to enable 4G on those frequencies.

If I'm not wrong they should be compatible but for they are being blocked off by software means?
Your wrong, the Sprint S4 does not have those LTE frequencies. You can only receive LTE on the frequencies that the Sprint S4 supports and it doesn't support the AT&T, Tmobile, or Verizon LTE frequencies. If you are going to use the Sprint S4 on those networks you will only get 3g, edge, or maybe HSPA+ if you have the right APNs installed. If you want to use LTE on those networks you should buy a phone for those networks.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Proxy638
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Your wrong, the Sprint S4 does not have those LTE frequencies. You can only receive LTE on the frequencies that the Sprint S4 supports and it doesn't support the AT&T, Tmobile, or Verizon LTE frequencies. If you are going to use the Sprint S4 on those networks you will only get 3g, edge, or maybe HSPA+ if you have the right APNs installed. If you want to use LTE on those networks you should buy a phone for those networks.
i'm not looking towards using it on sprint, i'm looking towards activating at&t 4G for use on a at&t network or international 4G for use on an international

there shouldn't be a requirement for buying a new phone when the only main differences are software.

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
i'm not looking towards using it on sprint, i'm looking towards activating at&t 4G for use on a at&t network or international 4G for use on an international

there shouldn't be a requirement for buying a new phone when the only main differences are software.
There are to many hardware differences to mention between the Sprint CDMA S4 and the GSM/international version. The main thing being is the SPH-L720 does not include the hardware to receive the LTE frequencies that AT&T uses and the rest of the world. Sprint never spend the money on extra hardware. In fact, the Sprint S4 isn't even compatible with half of Sprint's LTE network. It isn't a software problem, the hardware is not there. Be happy with 3g or buy an AT&T phone!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]