5,594,805 Members 38,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't connect to USB after update (CDC Serial, MTP problems, Windows XP)

Tip us?
 
daorderdillon
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 538
Posts: 2,772
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21 View Post
which "USB" is it I see usbhub usbscan USBSTOR etc... :S
Usb storage is wat u want or try using Windows 7

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S
 
FYL21
Old
(Last edited by FYL21; 29th December 2013 at 12:56 AM.)
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 111
Join Date: Mar 2013
bleh, doesn't work... still asks me to find stuff to install "Android phone" and "CDC Serial", it can't find anything so it tells me "a problem occured in installation"

on my laptop with Vista, it asks for CDC serial but this isn't needed I can access my internal storage and SD card as the phone still appears under "portable devices", but it does not show up on Sync Manager (don't really care about this anyways)

I might just get an SDXC card reader as all my pictures are on the microSD card. Unfortunately my current card reader can't read SDXC only SDHC -__-

it will eventually show up as a CD ROM drive that is either empty or it's the installer for Sync Manager
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms
 
daorderdillon
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 538
Posts: 2,772
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYL21 View Post
bleh, doesn't work... still asks me to find stuff to install "Android phone" and "CDC Serial", it can't find anything so it tells me "a problem occured in installation"

on my laptop with Vista, it asks for CDC serial but this isn't needed I can access my internal storage and SD card as the phone still appears under "portable devices", but it does not show up on Sync Manager (don't really care about this anyways)

I might just get an SDXC card reader as all my pictures are on the microSD card. Unfortunately my current card reader can't read SDXC only SDHC -__-

it will eventually show up as a CD ROM drive that is either empty or it's the installer for Sync Manager
Oh so u can access sd and ext sd ok but I don't use sync manager so I wouldn't know or u can download it at play store for your phone jus search for it

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S
 
FYL21
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 111
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon View Post
Oh so u can access sd and ext sd ok but I don't use sync manager so I wouldn't know or u can download it at play store for your phone jus search for it

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can on my Vista Laptop but not my XP desktop, on XP, it thinks it's a CD Drive. I tried disabling it as a CD drive but now there's nothing in the J drive.
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms
 
daorderdillon
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 538
Posts: 2,772
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
http://www.4shared.com/android/_7lQLpuI/HTC_Sync.htm. try downloading this apk

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S
 
FYL21
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 111
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon View Post
http://www.4shared.com/android/_7lQLpuI/HTC_Sync.htm. try downloading this apk

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
hmm i don't even want to use HTC sync :S

I just want to access my folders in XP

I think MTP is just messed up on my desktop -_-
HTC Butterfly s 901e
HTC One X+ Telus LTE (screen scratched and dust gets into camera sensor )

Both on stock roms
 
daorderdillon
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 538
Posts: 2,772
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nassau

 
DONATE TO ME
Aw ok my bad

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more