5,606,530 Members 33,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

baseband install?????

Tip us?

rangerman2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
CWM was on the phone when I got it. So not sure how it was installed. I do have the super user app. How can you tell if its rooted? The phone had been messed with before I got it. That's how the baseband got messed up. I found how to fix it on here the first time. But now I cant find the same page/thread.

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1037120

This may help

rangerman2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried the firmware it aborted install like others were talking about it doing.
I also tried the LGMobile support tool and cant get it to work. Getting really irritated that I cant figure this out.
I fixed it before and now I cant. Would be really nice if it would just reboot with the baseband. But no it gets stuck in a boot loop.

Thanks for all your help Pain-N-Panic kinda surprised no one else has chimed in

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Have you tried doing a COMPLETE wipe of the device and re-flashing a ROM?

Complete wipe = data factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format /system under the "mounts and storage" tab in CWM

rangerman2000
Old
(Last edited by rangerman2000; 27th December 2013 at 02:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have done all that except formatting the system but just tried it and it still gets stuck in boot loop when I try to install the baseband file.

I should have bookmarked the page last time I know it wasn't this hard
The joys of noobhood

Pain-N-Panic
Old
(Last edited by Pain-N-Panic; 27th December 2013 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 186
What is this baseband file you speak of?

Stop flashing that. It's not working. Do a complete wipe and Flash a working rom like vanilla cm7. Come back here and report.

If your phone can't flash a ROM and you get stuck in a boot loop I would reflash CWM with NVFLASH. Look around for NVFLASH in the stickies and you'll find it. Do you have an SD card? If so, make sure you choose the version of CWM that has SD card support within the NVFLASH user interface. Follow the instructions in the NVFLASH thread to the T in order to install it on your phoen. My advice:

1.) Download vanilla CM7 from get.cm and cm7 gapps package to SD CARD
2.) Reflash CWM to phone via NVFLASH software
3.) Flash CM7 and gapps from SD card through your newly installed recovery
4.) Reevaluate where your phone stands

rangerman2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Super one click says my phone is rooted.

Ive tried a few baseband files from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...seband+install.
And the one I used before that fixed it don't remember where I got that one. I can flash roms fine.
Get stuck in boot loop when I install the baseband.

The NVflash's that I found are for different devices. Would that matter? I also cant get the get.cm/app to install on the phone

I may just be having a Id10t .problem here.

I have super one click and odin. No NVflash no CM/app and no KDZ pogram that the above link talks about.
However I did this before was with CWM,SOC or odin

mansa_noob
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Which phone do you have?

As the story says, a kiss turned my G2X into an HTC Ruby!

rangerman2000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its a LG-P999DW

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Pretty sure Odin is for Samsung devices only...it has no use for our LG G2X. If you can flash ROMs fine then your recovery is working properly. Have you tried using the official LG updater tool to upgrade baseband?

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client...2CAppSetup.exe <--- Link to LG updater tool. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed.

All the directions can be found here --> http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...-1379696343202