XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Frustrated! Soft bricked?

Tip us?

1967ls2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Frustrated! Soft bricked?

I was running Liquidsmooth 2.9. Wanted to try out the newest leak from Liquid running KitKat.

Downloaded everything, new gaps, etc. Went to install and received a (Status 7) error twice. Updated o the latest TWRP and tried again.
Received the (status 7) again, tried one more time for good measure and it worked.

Immediately noticed that this build was not stable or suitable for a daily driver and tried to go back to my previously made backup.

For whatever reason it wasn't recognized in recovery even though I could see it when navigating in the files.

I tried desperately to move the back up so it could be recognized but to no avail.

Decided to just download the official 2.37 build of Liquidsmooth and the old gaps and reflash. I have done this now three times successfully but
can't get past the splash screen.

Back up isn't working, flashing rom isn't working, now I'm stuck with a soft bricked device and getting extremely frustrated. What is my next move?

2swizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ls2 View Post
I was running Liquidsmooth 2.9. Wanted to try out the newest leak from Liquid running KitKat.

Downloaded everything, new gaps, etc. Went to install and received a (Status 7) error twice. Updated o the latest TWRP and tried again.
Received the (status 7) again, tried one more time for good measure and it worked.

Immediately noticed that this build was not stable or suitable for a daily driver and tried to go back to my previously made backup.

For whatever reason it wasn't recognized in recovery even though I could see it when navigating in the files.

I tried desperately to move the back up so it could be recognized but to no avail.

Decided to just download the official 2.37 build of Liquidsmooth and the old gaps and reflash. I have done this now three times successfully but
can't get past the splash screen.

Back up isn't working, flashing rom isn't working, now I'm stuck with a soft bricked device and getting extremely frustrated. What is my next move?
Wrong thread buddy
The Following User Says Thank You to 2swizzle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwebb34
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Lol

Retail N3