5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Disable Home Button - Sophisticated v2.0 (4.3)

Tip us?

swartlkk
Old
(Last edited by swartlkk; 29th December 2013 at 12:31 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Disable Home Button - Sophisticated v2.0 (4.3)

I have been on Beans 22 (as well as previous revisions) for quite some time without issue with disabling the home button using the standard gpio-keys.kl edit; completely removing "HOME" & "WAKE" as well as removing "HOME" and changing "WAKE" to "WAKE_DROPPED". I tried this first on Sophisticated v1.5 and found that with this file edited, my wifi would not start. v2.0 came out today so I figured I would do a clean install and try it again. With nothing else on the phone, my wifi works great until I edit this file. Once the file is edited and the phone rebooted, the wifi fails to start. It will show the icon as dimmed and just stick there. If trying to do it through settings, you can move it to 'ON' and it will go right back to 'OFF'.

Could someone else that is using this ROM confirm this or possibly shed some light on what might be going on?

I have been rooting and ROM'ing my phones since my old DroidX and have never had a reason to post before because I have always found help through searching. I have yet to find this specific problem though and do realize that it would be more appropriate to post in the developer thread, but since this is my first post on this forums, I cannot.

Thanks in advance!

swartlkk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well... I did another fresh install, wiping everything except the external card before installing and wiping cache/davlik a few times after. This time, removing "HOME" & "WAKE" causes the same symptoms, but removing just "HOME" and changing "WAKE" to "WAKE_DROPPED" allows for normal operation. I am still not sure why this change would have anything to do with the WiFi, but it seems to be working properly now.