XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Real Racing 3

Tip us?

nelvinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceevee94 View Post
aww man. Is there any known fix to make the play store know that the games are compatible? I couldn't find anything in search bar.
FYI, incompatible or missing apps are most likely due to DPI config being collected by the store and then filtering is applied....

There is indeed a fix for this, generally for ROOTED devices (see below), but there are/were apps that can change DPI on your device (haven't checked recently, but I used one a couple of years ago and it worked, called LCD density modder I think....)

This thread has flashable zips for modded store apps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1839871
This thread has a guide explaining how the store uses DPI config, and how the mod gets around it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580827

Remember to hit thanks for MyLifeRocks10, Tsjoklat, (and me!) if this helps you out.....

***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceevee94
Old
(Last edited by ceevee94; 28th December 2013 at 10:05 AM.) Reason: Maybe changing build.prop will work
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelvinchi View Post
FYI, incompatible or missing apps are most likely due to DPI config being collected by the store and then filtering is applied....

There is indeed a fix for this, generally for ROOTED devices (see below), but there are/were apps that can change DPI on your device (haven't checked recently, but I used one a couple of years ago and it worked, called LCD density modder I think....)

This thread has flashable zips for modded store apps: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1839871
This thread has a guide explaining how the store uses DPI config, and how the mod gets around it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580827

Remember to hit thanks for MyLifeRocks10, Tsjoklat, (and me!) if this helps you out.....

Hi, thanks for your help! I've read through the thread but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use the DPI 320 patch but I don't understand how I use it. there are no download links and I can't download the Google Play 4.3.10 at the bottom of the first post. Thanks for any help

Also, I've just found that editing the build.prop file will work if you change the model and brand name. However I've left everything as is and changed the ro.product.model=HTC One Mini to ro.product.model=HTC One, but in device ID it still shows HTC One Mini.
I'm running the stock rooted android 4.3./sense 5.5 odex rom. Thankyou!

nelvinchi
Old
(Last edited by nelvinchi; 28th December 2013 at 02:51 PM.) Reason: adding a question
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceevee94 View Post
Hi, thanks for your help! I've read through the thread but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use the DPI 320 patch but I don't understand how I use it. there are no download links and I can't download the Google Play 4.3.10 at the bottom of the first post. Thanks for any help

Also, I've just found that editing the build.prop file will work if you change the model and brand name. However I've left everything as is and changed the ro.product.model=HTC One Mini to ro.product.model=HTC One, but in device ID it still shows HTC One Mini.
I'm running the stock rooted android 4.3./sense 5.5 odex rom. Thankyou!
Since you're on 4.3, download this modded store, version 4.5.10 http://d-h.st/rYl

Flash from recovery, and you should be good.....

If that doesn't work as expected, try the work-a-round from MyLifeRocks10:

Follow these steps if you have problems like certain apps not showing up in Play Store(e.g. Facebook,Beautiful Widgets) or shows incompatiblity error.

1. Flash the zip file and reboot.
2. In Settings->Apps->All clear data of Play Store and Google Services Framework then reboot.
3. Open Play Store, if it gives error then clear data of Play Store and open Play Store again then hit accept.
4. If ur apps doesn't show up under installed apps in play store after installing this fix then reboot once and u should see it afterwards.
5. If above steps didn't fix ur issues then remove Google account,reboot and re-add ur Google Account.

If the above options don't work - you can use xposed installer and add the "All apps in Play Store" module....

Hit Thanks if I've helped!

Edit: just noticed you're on an odex ROM (do you prefer over deodexed? Odex causes issues with certain mods...) I can't confirm if the modded zip will work on odexed... maybe search the thread.....?
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceevee94
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelvinchi View Post
Since you're on 4.3, download this modded store, version 4.5.10 http://d-h.st/rYl

Flash from recovery, and you should be good.....

If that doesn't work as expected, try the work-a-round from MyLifeRocks10:

Follow these steps if you have problems like certain apps not showing up in Play Store(e.g. Facebook,Beautiful Widgets) or shows incompatiblity error.

1. Flash the zip file and reboot.
2. In Settings->Apps->All clear data of Play Store and Google Services Framework then reboot.
3. Open Play Store, if it gives error then clear data of Play Store and open Play Store again then hit accept.
4. If ur apps doesn't show up under installed apps in play store after installing this fix then reboot once and u should see it afterwards.
5. If above steps didn't fix ur issues then remove Google account,reboot and re-add ur Google Account.

If the above options don't work - you can use xposed installer and add the "All apps in Play Store" module....

Hit Thanks if I've helped!

Edit: just noticed you're on an odex ROM (do you prefer over deodexed? Odex causes issues with certain mods...) I can't confirm if the modded zip will work on odexed... maybe search the thread.....?
Thank! I had tried that method earlier but it didn't work however I wasn't sure why. I am using an odex rom simply because I saw people recommending it over the dexodex rom. I'm not actually sure what the difference is so I dont have any preference. Thanks for telling me that the odex rom should be avoided if modification are needed!

In the end I managed to change the build.prop successfully. Turns out you have to change ro.product.device=m4 to ro.product.device=m7! It was that simple! I was just changing some things to hopefully get it to work and it did. Hope this helps anyone else who always has my problem. All the apps I wanted now show up in the playstore and I can install them without any problems. This eliminates the need to mod the play store too, and im assuming future play store updates won't affect the build.prop and this method will continue to work.

Thanks to those who helped.
Hit thanks If i also helped
The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RuffBuster
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Many thanks the build.prop method worked for me and all my app like GTA are now available. Though asphalt 8 still won't download due to some error code..

I tried many Modded play stores and non worked. This has. Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
HTC One mini
Magio R3 JB 4.2.2 ROM
JMZ Kernel