5,596,637 Members 44,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle Fire 11.3.1.0 Rooted?

Tip us?

Dan_Kindle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Kindle Fire 11.3.1.0 Rooted?

Hi everyone. New kindle user here. First off I would like to ask if my kindle is fully rooted? In the current version info it says current version 11.3.1.0_user_310084920. I followed the Root Kindle Fire HD "7" 20013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.1.0 tutorial but the kindle never restarted on its own after the rooting process I had to manually turn it off then back on. The kindle is the new 2013 version with no camera and 16GB of memory from Best Buy.
Also, is there anyway I can install the google play market on this? Or, if possible, dualboot a non kindle brand Android OS on this?

quandryron
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi Dan. To check for root I would suggest getting the app Esfile explorer and go into the settings and turn "Root Explorer" on. Then see if you can cruise through the root folders /data or /system and actually see files in those folders. If you see files inside those folders you should have root. Also, be sure to install a super su or superuser app to keep apps from Willy nilly acquiring root privileges.

As of this moment I am unaware of anyone getting google play to work properly. Lots of peeps have it installed but working as its supposed to? Mine isn't. I can browse but there is no searching or downloading. As for a non kindle brand os all I can say is that patience is a virtue. The boatloader its still locked down and I'm not aware if anyone has figured out a work around yet. Till then we are all waiting on the ingenuity of the devs. I would not suggest trying anything until we hear that fer sure someone got it. I for one don't want a brick. Cheers.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to quandryron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan_Kindle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quandryron View Post
Hi Dan. To check for root I would suggest getting the app Esfile explorer and go into the settings and turn "Root Explorer" on. Then see if you can cruise through the root folders /data or /system and actually see files in those folders. If you see files inside those folders you should have root. Also, be sure to install a super su or superuser app to keep apps from Willy nilly acquiring root privileges.

As of this moment I am unaware of anyone getting google play to work properly. Lots of peeps have it installed but working as its supposed to? Mine isn't. I can browse but there is no searching or downloading. As for a non kindle brand os all I can say is that patience is a virtue. The boatloader its still locked down and I'm not aware if anyone has figured out a work around yet. Till then we are all waiting on the ingenuity of the devs. I would not suggest trying anything until we hear that fer sure someone got it. I for one don't want a brick. Cheers.

Thanks, it appears that it is rooted Does google give you a option to download the apk for apps or games from the google play market from my pc's web browser so I can then transfer the files over usb?

quandryron
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Kindle View Post
Thanks, it appears that it is rooted Does google give you a option to download the apk for apps or games from the google play market from my pc's web browser so I can then transfer the files over usb?
Not that I have found as of yet. Many people have had good success with other app markets like 1mobile or aptoide. Give em a google. There are lots of the same apps and games on them as are on google play.

The Following User Says Thank You to quandryron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Levinix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ugh, i really hope we're going to be able to put roms on this this thing soon like Cyanogenmod. I got the Kindle Fire HD 7in 2013 as a gift and I'm just getting absolutely sick of Fire OS. ITS HORRIBLE OML. Everything i try do is just so unresponsive and clunky, and the apps for the kindle are quite buggy and will crash on its own. I WANT ANDROID, NOT THIS ;-;

quandryron
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinix View Post
Ugh, i really hope we're going to be able to put roms on this this thing soon like Cyanogenmod. I got the Kindle Fire HD 7in 2013 as a gift and I'm just getting absolutely sick of Fire OS. ITS HORRIBLE OML. Everything i try do is just so unresponsive and clunky, and the apps for the kindle are quite buggy and will crash on its own. I WANT ANDROID, NOT THIS ;-;
I agree.

Anonymous.123
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Actually you can. Go http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ here. Copy and paste the address of the app you want to download (like com.example.example) in the bar. Hit generate download link and download the apk file. This only works on free apps and games.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped!

Device:
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7"
Android Version:4.4.2
ROM:CyanogenMod 11.0
Kernel Version:3.0.72+
Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous.123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dan_Kindle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quandryron View Post
Not that I have found as of yet. Many people have had good success with other app markets like 1mobile or aptoide. Give em a google. There are lots of the same apps and games on them as are on google play.

Thank you! Aptoide is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinix View Post
Same here. I was hoping I would be able to install a linux based OS on this device (Gentoo, Arch, etc.) but it appears not yet. I am currently learning C I wonder if there is anyway I could get involved with the developers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous.123 View Post
Actually you can. here. Copy and paste the address of the app you want to download (like com.example.example) in the bar. Hit generate download link and download the apk file. This only works on free apps and games.
Awesome! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan_Kindle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anonymous.123
Old
(Last edited by Anonymous.123; 29th December 2013 at 02:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
?

Awesome! Thanks!
You might want to use the little thumbs-up button on the left that stands for "Thanks".
Whatever,you're welcome anyway.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped!

Device:
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7"
Android Version:4.4.2
ROM:CyanogenMod 11.0
Kernel Version:3.0.72+
Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous.123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]