XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I think I lost root?

Tip us?

joeym11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default I think I lost root?

I have had dirty unicorn for a while, and it has been fine, but I was trying to back up with titanium and it said I didn't have root. Is there something I can do? I thought to update SU in the play store, and now my phone says that the SU binary is out of date, and when I open SU, it says "The Superuse binary (su) must be updated. please choose method of install, and I press recovery install since only other is cancel, and then it says "THere was an error installing. Please send log of the error to the dev. Should I be installing super SU from recovery?

rugmankc
Old
(Last edited by rugmankc; 29th December 2013 at 12:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1481
I think the latest TB has issues. I lost root but had up-to-date su's. And root for all else. I wiped caches and fixed permissions and it worked. Otherwise get previous TB and don't allow it to update. You could also un-reinstall app. Believe there is a link to previous one at end of one of the rom threads, maybe Jamison's?

NO--Here for previous TB

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...537495&page=99

Sorry, I am in too many threads--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For Note 4 The Game Changer

joeym11
Old
(Last edited by joeym11; 29th December 2013 at 01:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
I think the latest TB has issues. I lost root but had up-to-date su's. And root for all else. I wiped caches and fixed permissions and it worked. Otherwise get previous TB and don't allow it to update. You could also un-reinstall app. Believe there is a link to previous one at end of one of the rom threads, maybe Jamison's?

NO--Here for previous TB

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...537495&page=99

Sorry, I am in too many threads--
Do you mean fix permsions and wipe cache in recovery?

Edit* I tried to do this, but it didn't fix the root problem. I still don't have root and I did install that older TB too

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeym11 View Post
Do you mean fix permsions and wipe cache in recovery?

Edit* I tried to do this, but it didn't fix the root problem. I still don't have root and I did install that older TB too
Yes, that is what I meant. Do you have root with other apps like root explorer. there are root checker apps and you can use terminal emulater and type su.

If tb is only app not working as root. un and reinstall it. I remember one time I had to rebuy it.

Also, do you have a working nandroid of your rom where tb was seeing root--if not I would do one, if possible, before trying other things.

This is a flashable SuperSU zip thru recovery--

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhrq0tia8...erSU-v1.69.zip
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For Note 4 The Game Changer