5,601,062 Members 47,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MAJOR BATTERY DRAIN (out of town)!!!

Tip us?

B5Z
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] MAJOR BATTERY DRAIN (out of town)!!!

When at home (Michigan) my battery lasts all day but in Milwaukee (visiting family) my battery drains at an alarming rate (approx. 1% per minute). I've turned off wifi, bluetooth, gps… still nothing helps?!

Any help/suggestions on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

montecarlo5
Old
Thanks Meter 108
[QUOTE=B5Z;48905130]When at home (Michigan) my battery lasts all day but in Milwaukee (visiting family) my battery drains at an alarming rate (approx. 1% per minute). I've turned off wifi, bluetooth, gps… still nothing helps?!

Any help/suggestions on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE

i would take a look at your cell signal strength. you might have crappy reception in that area that in turn will make your phone turn up antenna power (use more battery) to try and keep a strong cell signal. thats all i can think of if you haven't done a thing to your phone while on your trip.
Sprint Galaxy SIII
Running Gummy Nightly KitKat
Don't forget to push that little Thanks button if you were helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to montecarlo5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android Attack
Old
Thanks Meter 36
[QUOTE=montecarlo5;48906302]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
When at home (Michigan) my battery lasts all day but in Milwaukee (visiting family) my battery drains at an alarming rate (approx. 1% per minute). I've turned off wifi, bluetooth, gps… still nothing helps?!

Any help/suggestions on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE

i would take a look at your cell signal strength. you might have crappy reception in that area that in turn will make your phone turn up antenna power (use more battery) to try and keep a strong cell signal. thats all i can think of if you haven't done a thing to your phone while on your trip.
I was thinking this as well. However, even with terrible reception, 1% per minute is crazy. What does your battery usage look like? Under settings > battery. That might help us solve the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Attack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

B5Z
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
[QUOTE=Android Attack;48906984]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo5 View Post

I was thinking this as well. However, even with terrible reception, 1% per minute is crazy. What does your battery usage look like? Under settings > battery. That might help us solve the problem.
This is showing thag my screen is the culprit, but I have it on auto brightness. Also, this shows battery @ 100% cause it's on the charger right now. I haven't changed a thing since leaving home, so I'm at a loss to the massive drain.

I appreciate the responses!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-28-14-36-15.png
Views:	34
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	2479983  

Android Attack
Old
Thanks Meter 36
[QUOTE=B5Z;48908611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack View Post

This is showing thag my screen is the culprit, but I have it on auto brightness. Also, this shows battery @ 100% cause it's on the charger right now. I haven't changed a thing since leaving home, so I'm at a loss to the massive drain.

I appreciate the responses!
Hmm, you could try turning on airplane mode and letting it sit for a while. If you still get the insane drain, we will know that it isn't due to the radios.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Attack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

B5Z
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
[QUOTE=Android Attack;48908683]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post

Hmm, you could try turning on airplane mode and letting it sit for a while. If you still get the insane drain, we will know that it isn't due to the radios.
Thanks, I'll give that a try & see what happens... It's driving me crazy!

Android Attack
Old
Thanks Meter 36
[QUOTE=B5Z;48908783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack View Post

Thanks, I'll give that a try & see what happens... It's driving me crazy!
Not a problem Let us know the results when all is done

B5Z
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Well while in airplane mode I'm losing approx. 5% per hour. I am currently in a 4g area with a decent signal & losing battery power fast still. Who knows??? Thanks for trying to help guys.