5,603,981 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need to unroot and go back to stock.

Tip us?

sanderb134
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Need to unroot and go back to stock.

I upgraded to the LG G2 on Verizon and I am selling my phone for $150 tomorrow on Craigslist. However, I am rooted and on CM so I need to get back to stock. I try using Odin and the tars from [STOCK ROMS][CWM][ODIN] Stock ROM Repository - Find/Download Them All Here (SPH-D710) thread but I keep getting errors on the downloaded files. The files won't extract. It tells me "Cannot open file 'file name' as archive" when trying to extract it. I thought it may have been corrupted so I re downloaded the file (GB27) and tried again, but I have the same problem. I also downloaded FL24 and I have the same problem. I tried the .tar.md5.gz and the .tar.exe files and both give me issues. The .tar.md5.gz won't flash in Odin nor will they extract in winrar or 7zip. I need to get this done tonight so I can sell tomorrow. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to go back to stock/factory? Thank you.

Tekone
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderb134 View Post
I upgraded to the LG G2 on Verizon and I am selling my phone for $150 tomorrow on Craigslist. However, I am rooted and on CM so I need to get back to stock. I try using Odin and the tars from [STOCK ROMS][CWM][ODIN] Stock ROM Repository - Find/Download Them All Here (SPH-D710) thread but I keep getting errors on the downloaded files. The files won't extract. It tells me "Cannot open file 'file name' as archive" when trying to extract it. I thought it may have been corrupted so I re downloaded the file (GB27) and tried again, but I have the same problem. I also downloaded FL24 and I have the same problem. I tried the .tar.md5.gz and the .tar.exe files and both give me issues. The .tar.md5.gz won't flash in Odin nor will they extract in winrar or 7zip. I need to get this done tonight so I can sell tomorrow. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to go back to stock/factory? Thank you.

Wow.. luck to sell your Galxy 4G epci touch for $150.. I was able to get one very good condition for $70
From what i have restored to stock so many time with one click Odin. And i believed download Odin file need to extract with Winrar or 7zip. After that, right click and select run with Administrator if you on Win 7 os. Please follow instruction where ever you download that file and shouldn't has any problem. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Tekone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sanderb134
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekone View Post
Wow.. luck to sell your Galxy 4G epci touch for $150.. I was able to get one very good condition for $70
From what i have restored to stock so many time with one click Odin. And i believed download Odin file need to extract with Winrar or 7zip. After that, right click and select run with Administrator if you on Win 7 os. Please follow instruction where ever you download that file and shouldn't has any problem. good luck
Right that's what I was thinking hopefully the guy still wants it tomorrow. For some reason it didn't work I've used Odin hundreds of times so I am not sure what went wrong. Luckily, I had backups of Rooted EL29 on my external HDD and a backup of the e4gtauto-sfx cmd on there as well so I was able to restore it back to stock. Thank you for your reply.