XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked without USB debugging

Tip us?

Tobiscuits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked without USB debugging

So, basically, I've done a stupid thing, I attempted to install Cyanogen, forgetting to enable USB debugging, and it didn't go too well, all I can do now is use Clockwork Recovery as there is no ROM on the phone, I'm not sure if there's anyway I can enable USB debugging and flash it via USB, with Odin, but whenever I try to flash via .zip through Clockworkmod Recovery I either get the status 7 error, or if I take steps to get rid of that the installation just aborts, any ideas on what I can do?

There is also a possiblity I installed Clockwork Recovery for the 3G edition, whereas I have the LTE edition of the phone, I'm not sure if that'll have contributed to the downfall of my smartphone adventures

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

proxuser
Old
(Last edited by proxuser; 26th November 2013 at 02:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5642

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiscuits View Post
So, basically, I've done a stupid thing, I attempted to install Cyanogen, forgetting to enable USB debugging, and it didn't go too well, all I can do now is use Clockwork Recovery as there is no ROM on the phone, I'm not sure if there's anyway I can enable USB debugging and flash it via USB, with Odin, but whenever I try to flash via .zip through Clockworkmod Recovery I either get the status 7 error, or if I take steps to get rid of that the installation just aborts, any ideas on what I can do?

There is also a possiblity I installed Clockwork Recovery for the 3G edition, whereas I have the LTE edition of the phone, I'm not sure if that'll have contributed to the downfall of my smartphone adventures

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
hi,

first of all, dont worry for that. its not really a brick.

reboot your device to download mode (press vol-down, home and power buttons)
install philz_touch_5.18.2-i9195.tar.md5 - 7.08 MB via odin and restart to your phone to philz recovery. (press vol-up, home and power button, if you see samsung logo release power button)
then install cm rom and reboot. if you dont have any rom file in your storage, then copy rom zip file to your external sdcard via your pc and put external card again to your phone and reboot recovery and try install your rom from external card. this recovery is for lte variant of s4 mini.

i hope you get your phone working again and tell me if it works

Tobiscuits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can't use Odin to detect my phone, it just doesn't show up :c

proxuser
Old
Thanks Meter 5642

DONATE TO ME
There is another solution.

first - get philz recovery zip file for lte variant and extract it. (get it here http://d-h.st/qdn) open updater-script and remove this code and save file.(that installer will not stop because your device is show him you have 3g variant but you have lte one so simply remove this code and save file to your zip)

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "serranolte"
|| getprop("ro.build.product") == "serranolte");

make zip file and copy it to your sdk folder and install it via adb sideload. (google it when you dont know how to install with sideload)

after this you should have right recovery.

then install your rom with sideload and reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to proxuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tobiscuits
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, that did fix it, I now however have the issue of my Wifi won't turn on and I cannot install things as it states that there isn't enough storage space available, which there is, there is also 4.62 Gb used in my Misc files and nothing is listed as even close to that size, so my phone isn't particularly better off . But thanks for your help

Tobiscuits
Old
(Last edited by Tobiscuits; 29th December 2013 at 03:51 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got all of the problems sorted now, for the storage space thing, I had to remove my external SD card and just go on a formatting blitz after reinstalling Clockworkmod and the wifi required a modded kernel to be installed