5,598,779 Members 34,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recover important stuff

Tip us?
 
moritz31
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 173
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Recover important stuff

Hey,
i really don't know how to title this question, but i love flashing new roms and try a lot, so i'm looking for a software suite or an app, where i can backup my important stuff(Whats App, xda,Pictures, etc.) and then can flash a new rom and recover the apps and other stuff back, so that i have a new rom installed but with my old stuff on it.

Is there something like that ?


Moritz
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) - Beanstalk(4.4.2)
 
yotis118
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moritz31 View Post
Hey,
i really don't know how to title this question, but i love flashing new roms and try a lot, so i'm looking for a software suite or an app, where i can backup my important stuff(Whats App, xda,Pictures, etc.) and then can flash a new rom and recover the apps and other stuff back, so that i have a new rom installed but with my old stuff on it.

Is there something like that ?


Moritz
I could be wrong but I think you are asking the same thing as I was... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581320
 
moritz31
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 173
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotis118 View Post
I could be wrong but I think you are asking the same thing as I was... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581320
almost,

my contacts are synced via google
my notes are in evernote
my picture and videos are saved to external sd card ... shouldn't be wiped @Flashing new rom ?! better backup to pc ?
the problems are all the 20-30 apps i install for a few days and than wipe again, titanium is no option because i have no root on 4,3(UB)
Can i say whatsapp, that it should make the backup on external sd ?
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) - Beanstalk(4.4.2)
 
gregbradley
Old
#4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3311
Posts: 7,760
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
If you don't have root how are you going to flash a new rom?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>


Follow me on twitter
 
moritz31
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 173
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
If you don't have root how are you going to flash a new rom?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i'm on unlocked bootloader but to lazy to get root at 4.3 :P
but the question was not how i can flash new roms
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) - Beanstalk(4.4.2)
 
dladz
Old
#6  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 668
Posts: 3,351
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Liverpool

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moritz31 View Post
i'm on unlocked bootloader but to lazy to get root at 4.3 :P
but the question was not how i can flash new roms
Without root youre screwed, in all fairness you haven't installed everything properly, with an unlocked bootloader you certainly should have Root access to get the most of your phone, otherwise whats the point.

Do it all again, attain root access and then do what the user said a little earlier, although i prefer google keep for notes, it's lighter.

Titanium is a must have.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1
 
jamespmi
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jan 2012
Since the beginning I was using Titanium.

But somehow I came over to Nandroid Manager Pro witch IMHO is just perfect and easier to use...

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more