5,593,248 Members 32,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any word on screen capture/recording apps or any solution for it?

Tip us?

Pathos1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Video [Q] Any word on screen capture/recording apps or any solution for it?

I recently ran into a thread here:

reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1tilcf/any_word_on_screen_capturerecording_apps_or_any

and unfortunately for me, I'm running 4.3 and adb shell didn't seem to recognize screenrecord command. I check the Play Store and all the apps seem to be useless since 4.1 (some updated only to 4.2 maybe) and newer phones since Galaxy S3, Note 2, etc.
So I was wondering if there is any news. Cheers!

(I'm a new user. Please tell me how this post was. Also, I noticed two minor bugs when posting. First bug is using "preview post" and the check on the checkbox for "Yes, this thread is a Question!" goes away even though [Q] stays in the Title and second bug(?) is having to retype CAPTCHA)

TheUnknownThing
Old
(Last edited by TheUnknownThing; 23rd December 2013 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Hello there, regarding to your question, there really isnt a "good" capture or recording app for android yet. Most on the google play store are poor and scams. I suggest you do more research. There maybe one.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me

Pathos1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
Hello there, regarding to your question, there really isnt a "good" capture or recording app for android yet. Most on the google play store are poor and scams. I suggest you do more research. There maybe one.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
So you don't know if anyone's developing a decent recording software? I just tried a bit of SCR screen recorder but after one recording, my phone just crashes and it seems that I'm not alone in this looking at the reviews of screen recording apps. I didn't have such a problem when I was using 4.0... What changed?

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos1 View Post
So you don't know if anyone's developing a decent recording software? I just tried a bit of SCR screen recorder but after one recording, my phone just crashes and it seems that I'm not alone in this looking at the reviews of screen recording apps. I didn't have such a problem when I was using 4.0... What changed?
Probably your phone crashed because of overload or poor ram management (screen recorders use a lot of ram) BTW what do you exactly mean by your phone crashed, did the application crash or the entire phone?

Pathos1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
Probably your phone crashed because of overload or poor ram management (screen recorders use a lot of ram) BTW what do you exactly mean by your phone crashed, did the application crash or the entire phone?
The entire phone, but my phone has problems. I've had a history of bad flashes (GS3 currently running Slim Bean with Cyanogen kernel). However, I've tried with Nexus 7 2013 as well and it's not working too pretty on that either (stock). As mentioned previously, if you look at the reviews in the screen recording apps, they will complain about the apps not working too well on 4.3 and 4.4. Slim Bean is 4.3 at the moment and I just can't wait to use 4.4's ADB screen capture. That would really solve a lot of things and really, no need for apps.

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The entire phone, but my phone has problems. I've had a history of bad flashes (GS3 currently running Slim Bean with Cyanogen kernel). However, I've tried with Nexus 7 2013 as well and it's not working too pretty on that either (stock). As mentioned previously, if you look at the reviews in the screen recording apps, they will complain about the apps not working too well on 4.3 and 4.4. Slim Bean is 4.3 at the moment and I just can't wait to use 4.4's ADB screen capture. That would really solve a lot of things and really, no need for apps.
Maybe if your phone still has problems, you may want to flash the stock rom and start from there. (Often, the stock rom is the stablest) One more thing, is recording on your phone very important to you?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Rom: Stock + CWM 5.0.2.6
Pressing the " " button really helps me

cooldudezach
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
I recently ran into a thread here:

reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1tilcf/any_word_on_screen_capturerecording_apps_or_any

and unfortunately for me, I'm running 4.3 and adb shell didn't seem to recognize screenrecord command. I check the Play Store and all the apps seem to be useless since 4.1 (some updated only to 4.2 maybe) and newer phones since Galaxy S3, Note 2, etc.
So I was wondering if there is any news. Cheers!

(I'm a new user. Please tell me how this post was. Also, I noticed two minor bugs when posting. First bug is using "preview post" and the check on the checkbox for "Yes, this thread is a Question!" goes away even though [Q] stays in the Title and second bug(?) is having to retype CAPTCHA)
I'm not sure if it works on 4.3, so my suggestion might be entirely useless, but a friend of mine uses SCR Screen Recorder for his tutorials. The device we use runs 4.1.2, so like you said, it might not work. Figured I'd throw my .02 in.