XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I undo...

Tip us?

Snoman002
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default How do I undo...

Help me get back to stock. I'm sick of xposed being installed, the mod collection, the play store, etc. I just want root and Tasker, and I'll gets apps across other ways.

But how do I truly restore/hard reset this thing. I don't want a 'factory reset' as it seems pieces of xposed or the mod collection remain and I just want it gone.

Does the alt+print method truly rewrite the OS? I don't want just /system cleared, I want all this stuff GONE!

why you ask? All the work that has been done is awesome, and provides great features. But it still feels a bit like a dirty hack and no matter what I do my system is still slow. It wasn't slow before installing all this stuff, but it still is after a factory reset. Half the mods didn't work for me, 720 no, stop updates no, play store yes, kinda, when it doesn't crash.

Thanks for listening to my rant, kinda annoyed by a forced OTA that's trying to install and preventing me from using my system right now.

magimog
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just uninstall Xposed. Then the other mods won't load.

Snoman002
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Well, preferably I would overwrite everything that's on there and start over. I have exposed installed but only the play store is active (as nothing else works).

I heard flashing the OTA while rooted turns the flash into a complete flash instead of a partial. Is this true? Also, if I reload the boot loader (or overwrite boot loader?) In cwm installing the flash might it do a full system write?

I ask because I maintained root after my last OTA so something remained. I would like to not have this happen.

Rirere
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
Well, preferably I would overwrite everything that's on there and start over. I have exposed installed but only the play store is active (as nothing else works).

I heard flashing the OTA while rooted turns the flash into a complete flash instead of a partial. Is this true? Also, if I reload the boot loader (or overwrite boot loader?) In cwm installing the flash might it do a full system write?

I ask because I maintained root after my last OTA so something remained. I would like to not have this happen.
Whether you're rooted or not isn't going to change how the updater script works. And if you've ever tried what you're proposing on an Android phone or tablet, you'll know that that's called "dirty flashing" (flashing on top of existing material). If you really want to go full-stock, you'll need to format your partitions [/system and /data, along with userdata first, then flash a stock OTA or zip (either via a fastboot zip, which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist right now, or via recovery).

How comfortable are you with using adb/fastboot?