XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Security apps

Tip us?

JiMiHenDriX420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Security apps

I have two security type questions. Both of which I couldn't find much doing a search here and Google didn't have any direct answers that satisfied my curiosity.

My first question is security in terms of hardware. Is there some type of app or something that would prevent the average or slightly above average user the inability to ever use the phone if stolen. Some way to prevent even someone factory resetting from the system menu (i.e. The menu when. Holding home , power, vol -) by needing a pin or something? Even if in order to factory reset from there require a pin or something?

The other question is in terms of software/OS...like an Internet security suite such as kaspersky or something. ..is this really even worth using? Specifically an anti virus/malware program? If so would these cause issues or headaches when installing roms or other similar modifications?

These both will probably be viewed as dumb questions but I'm just wondering.

Sent from my SM-900V using XDA app.
-Note3 running Jelly 'Beans' B5

nightfishing
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Android Device Manager will allow you to lock your phone remotely, change the password and even erase it. There are third party apps available that can do similar/more advanced procedures remotely

Most of the popular AV/Malware companies have apps for Android. I personally don't see a need for them, but they are available.