XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got a Nook + for Xmas 2013 3 days later its knackered

Tip us?

The Mole
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Got a Nook + for Xmas 2013 3 days later its knackered

Got a Nook + HD for Xmas after looking at great reviews for the tablet. Sadly just 3 days in my device is rendered useless.

It was working fine until an hour ago, i had done nothing to the device that was not forced upon be when i first turned on the device. It was just running stock everything.

The only app i had installed was iplayer. I was using the inbuilt youtube app watching some videos and it just died. The device was just off a full charge so i know it was not that. The screen backlight seems to work when i press the on button but nothing else. When plugged in the chargelight is green for 2 seconds then orange for 2 seconds then it goes off.

Ii have tried holding down the power for 10, 20 and 30 seconds with no joy and have tried all 3 while holding the home button again with no joy.

Anything else i can try before returning to John Lewis?

Thanks for any help offered

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3396

DONATE TO ME
Since you did nothing to it, I suggest you exchange it at B&N. But if you want to try to fix it yourself, go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD and use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 followed by a factory reset with CWM.

Or you can interrupt the boot 8 times in a row and it should reset itself to factory ROM.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

jimore19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
Got a Nook + HD for Xmas after looking at great reviews for the tablet. Sadly just 3 days in my device is rendered useless.

It was working fine until an hour ago, i had done nothing to the device that was not forced upon be when i first turned on the device. It was just running stock everything.

The only app i had installed was iplayer. I was using the inbuilt youtube app watching some videos and it just died. The device was just off a full charge so i know it was not that. The screen backlight seems to work when i press the on button but nothing else. When plugged in the chargelight is green for 2 seconds then orange for 2 seconds then it goes off.

Ii have tried holding down the power for 10, 20 and 30 seconds with no joy and have tried all 3 while holding the home button again with no joy.

Anything else i can try before returning to John Lewis?

Thanks for any help offered

Just take it back to JL !