[Q] Xperia Ion never holds charge
I have a year Xperia Ion phone. Recently I have got a problem with the battery of this phone.
A week back the battery status was never going below 100% but will shut off after certain amount of usage. I did not bother as I was able to use the phone normally but only the battery status was a problem. However the problem got more serious. Here is what happened and what I tried:
- A day back phone got switched off and the battery was never going above 1% upon restart, even when it was on charging
- I tried hard restart (holding volume up button + power button). After this it was showing increase in percentage when plugged in for charge and reached 100%. I thought the problem is resolved but not.
- Everytime I unplug phone from charging, battery drops down to 1% immediately and shuts off
- I did service test (by dialing some long numbers) of the phone and it says battery is good and no need to replace it. I assumed there is not hardware issue.
- I had no otherway but to try out battery calibration after rooting- I rooted my device, used 'Battery calibration' app. Charged up till it says 100% and did the calibration. It showed calibration success. I unplugged it from the charger again just to find that the same issue again.
I really do not know what to try now. My phone is just out of warranty (I bought this in another country during a visit). I am ready take paid service if that would solve, but I really appreciate a promising solution or suggestion for this issue.
This phone means a lot for some reason. Thanks in advance for your helpful thoughts!
Note: I found a similar thread where they talked about replacing battery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2450884
I am not sure if this is the same case as that of mine. If so how to replace the built-in battery for Ion.