[Q] Xperia Ion never holds charge

Tip us?

manoj23.86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Xperia Ion never holds charge

Hello Friends,

I have a year Xperia Ion phone. Recently I have got a problem with the battery of this phone.

A week back the battery status was never going below 100% but will shut off after certain amount of usage. I did not bother as I was able to use the phone normally but only the battery status was a problem. However the problem got more serious. Here is what happened and what I tried:

- A day back phone got switched off and the battery was never going above 1% upon restart, even when it was on charging
- I tried hard restart (holding volume up button + power button). After this it was showing increase in percentage when plugged in for charge and reached 100%. I thought the problem is resolved but not.
- Everytime I unplug phone from charging, battery drops down to 1% immediately and shuts off
- I did service test (by dialing some long numbers) of the phone and it says battery is good and no need to replace it. I assumed there is not hardware issue.
- I had no otherway but to try out battery calibration after rooting- I rooted my device, used 'Battery calibration' app. Charged up till it says 100% and did the calibration. It showed calibration success. I unplugged it from the charger again just to find that the same issue again.

I really do not know what to try now. My phone is just out of warranty (I bought this in another country during a visit). I am ready take paid service if that would solve, but I really appreciate a promising solution or suggestion for this issue.

This phone means a lot for some reason. Thanks in advance for your helpful thoughts!

Note: I found a similar thread where they talked about replacing battery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2450884 I am not sure if this is the same case as that of mine. If so how to replace the built-in battery for Ion.

MrGezz
Old
Thanks Meter 684

DONATE TO ME
have you try charging when the phone in power off state ???

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device= Xperia Z n Xperia Ion

manoj23.86
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGezz View Post
have you try charging when the phone in power off state ???

Every time I plug it in charge only after it goes off and then I turn on. Do you suggest to charge it to 100% while the phone remains in off state?

MrGezz
Old
Thanks Meter 684

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj23.86 View Post
Every time I plug it in charge only after it goes off and then I turn on. Do you suggest to charge it to 100% while the phone remains in off state?
yes , because once I have this kind of issues myself ..

Device= Xperia Z n Xperia Ion