XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 (2013) download folder fix required

Tip us?

STEAKTASTIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Nexus 7 (2013) download folder fix required

I've done some searching on the tinternet and can't find a solution. I can download files no problem, using root explore I can find them and move them to a different folder when I need to extract them to my PC so its not a major issue. The download folder app that is preinstalled doesn't show any files, even when I go to settings/storage/downloads it shows the memory usage as 2gb (for example) but when I open it up there are no files. Any bright spark out there got a permanent fix for this? Thanks in advance.

sbaeder
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEAKTASTIC View Post
I've done some searching on the tinternet and can't find a solution. I can download files no problem, using root explore I can find them and move them to a different folder when I need to extract them to my PC so its not a major issue. The download folder app that is preinstalled doesn't show any files, even when I go to settings/storage/downloads it shows the memory usage as 2gb (for example) but when I open it up there are no files. Any bright spark out there got a permanent fix for this? Thanks in advance.
not to be sarcastic, but why use that app if it isn't working for you - if you can use a root explorer to see and even move/open files, that should be sufficient - right?

Maybe somehow the permissions on the files (folder) aren't quite right...but I would just ignore it...but YMMV

STEAKTASTIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaeder View Post
not to be sarcastic, but why use that app if it isn't working for you - if you can use a root explorer to see and even move/open files, that should be sufficient - right?

Maybe somehow the permissions on the files (folder) aren't quite right...but I would just ignore it...but YMMV
It's just😗a matter of principle really. Why should I have to download an app to view something as simple as downloaded files. I'm not overly fussed as there is a work around. Just curious to know if there is a possible fix before I remove the app.

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEAKTASTIC View Post
Did you try clearing data of Download Manager? Fixing permissions?

Sent from my Nexus 7

NEXUS 5 D820 STOCK KK442 FK46 DALVIK XPOSED TWRP2734