5,600,335 Members 34,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] omg...! my android has corrupted my 2 sd card. now afraid of inserting new one

Tip us?

pambreesh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] omg...! my android has corrupted my 2 sd card. now afraid of inserting new one

in my karbonn a1 running 2.2 froyo . has corrupted my 1st 4gb card about 5 days ago, it is showing 3.69 gb space left out of 3.7gb but i cant read/write files . however it is showing some primary folders which has some data about 10 mb when i try to format phone shows formatted successfully but even after that i can still see those 10 mb data there and unble to write anything. i tried to format it on pc but no result. then i tried to recover data via a program on pc. it succesfully recovered my old files of about 3gb. so that means it has some hidden data inside which is not getting deleted. it has no virus i checked . recently i inserted my friends sd card of 8 gb it also got corrupted now i am in trouble he is asking to return his working card. i set my phone to factory setting but nothing happen. today when i inserted both sd card in to my java os mobile they are showing a new folder which i was unable to see on my android. it is .android_ secure folder . and the funny thing is that i am able to rename all the existing folders like music etc. except that folder on both sd card. now bought a new card but i am afraid that it will also be corrupted. please help me plz

note-my phone is out of warrenty now

dmanu009
Old
Thanks Meter 9
try formatting it in FAT ... n always keep an antivirus