XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung /Sprint Bloatware

Tip us?

blakerandy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Samsung /Sprint Bloatware

I have rooted and installed MOAR 7.01 on both mine and my wife's Sprint GS3. Her's is a newer phone and it is not working like mine after the flash.

When I installed the ROM on my phone none of the Sprint or Samsung bloatware installed, everything was great

When I do my wife's phone it all seems to show up again when the phone restores it's Google account info. I have re-flashed 3 times (she's starting to get pissed at me)

Before flashing the ROM I wiped everything. As I said I didn't have any problems with my phone.

Am I doing something wrong? I would post this in the development area but I don't have enough posts yet

Thanks Randy
The Following User Says Thank You to blakerandy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyfl2004
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakerandy View Post
I have rooted and installed MOAR 7.01 on both mine and my wife's Sprint GS3. Her's is a newer phone and it is not working like mine after the flash.

When I installed the ROM on my phone none of the Sprint or Samsung bloatware installed, everything was great

When I do my wife's phone it all seems to show up again when the phone restores it's Google account info. I have re-flashed 3 times (she's starting to get pissed at me)

Before flashing the ROM I wiped everything. As I said I didn't have any problems with my phone.

Am I doing something wrong? I would post this in the development area but I don't have enough posts yet

Thanks Randy
When you restore the Google account on her phone, make sure you don't check the box that says, " bring over all previous Google settings" or something like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blakerandy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyfl2004 View Post
When you restore the Google account on her phone, make sure you don't check the box that says, " bring over all previous Google settings" or something like that.
Thanks for the quick reply. That did it. Just a pain to have to restore all the apps individually. Next time I restore though it will be just right.

nyfl2004
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakerandy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. That did it. Just a pain to have to restore all the apps individually. Next time I restore though it will be just right.
No problem. That's the way I always do it. This way, you can choose exactly which apps you want back. Good luck

kb9klc
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Thanks

That helped me too.