[Q] stuck in boot loop P1000

Tip us?

cike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] stuck in boot loop P1000

Good day everyone...

I have one Galaxy Tab P1000 here stuck in boot loop... I really don't know what happened before it got stuck into this loop but it was working fine, it got battery empty and when done charging, it got stuck in a boot loop already...

I have tried to go into stock recovery but the sad thing is that I can navigate through the menu but I can't press the OK button (the power button) to select anything to do. So I searched through the forum and tried a few things, the most notable would be trying to go back to safe stock in the Overcome thread, still it is in boot loop. I tried to go further by installing the overcome kernel... skipping the part where I'm supposed to go to the settings (because basically I cant go to the settings menu).... still I was able to install the kernel and even the Overcome ROM, sadly even with the MOD ROM its still in the boot loop , one thing to note though, when I go into the recovery mode in Overcome ROM I can press the OK button (power button), I mean it responds now and I can basically navigate through the recovery menu and select things from there... but It is still stuck in a boot loop

need some advice

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1215
Stock 3e OK button is actually the capacitive HOME button.
Your tab was responding the same in stock as in overcome.
Can't help you about the looping though.
Have you tired restocking again with pit file?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
"Use overcome method to restock your GT-P1000"
Overcome files are alive.
[ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881981

cike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tried the home button too but still no avail it wasnt responsive... i have made all the reflashing with the specific pit file needed it wont get out of the loop

cx5
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cike View Post
it got battery empty and when done charging, it got stuck in a boot loop already...

when I go into the recovery mode in Overcome ROM I can press the OK button (power button), I mean it responds now and I can basically navigate through the recovery menu and select things from there... but It is still stuck in a boot loop

need some advice
Try: - (good luck)
choice_A
steps
in CWM, wipe factory reset, cache, dalvik, everything that you can find.
flash kernel CWM6.0.4.5 (from download mode)
install a new rom.

choice_B
flash kernel TWRP2.3.5 (I think or some version similar) (from download mode)
it has some extra WIPE to delete BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM, etc. WIPE them all. If you can manage this, it doesn't even LOOP.
install a new rom.

problem.
There is a TWRP that can't boot into recovery by VOL+_Power. Only can get in from home screen advanced reboot.
may be some other older TWRP can enter recovery, try to find one. I'm not so sure my self.

choice_C
if somehow you managed to boot into home screen, install apk (bootloader check) by chainfire (I think), I had previously experience some dev uses locked bootloader, which doesn't allow you to flash new rom properly.

btw do you know the 8 seconds power button to get a real shutdown?

cike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks cx5 im gonna do try all the choices... real reset meaning a powercycle (8 sec hold of power button)

cx5
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Good luck,

New advances, TWRP solved, now able to boot from VOL_UP+power. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=365

Suggest to use @terenceng 's rom too, it has one of the highest free ram 487MB.

Another tip, if you hold power button forever it will boot loop forever.

i.e.
from shutdown
4 seconds will boot up (may be it's 3, anyway)
another 8 seconds will shutdown. (may be it's 7, anyway)
total is 12 seconds.

When I didn't have enough experience in counting the time accurately, I overshoot the 8 seconds shutdown to around 12 seconds and it boots up, and I think it is looping. But in fact it is not. I accidentally made it boot up. Hope you don't fall into this condition.

GT-P1000 are fantastic that it can surely shutdown, as long as the 8 sec rule is properly implemented. no more no less.

Then you can always go to download mode. overcome restock has always save my day. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cike View Post
thanks cx5 im gonna do try all the choices... real reset meaning a powercycle (8 sec hold of power button)

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I forgot to say, locked bootloaders will STOP overcome restock. It will not allow it. Must use bootloader UNLOCK apk. Happened to me so many times in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5 View Post
Try: - (good luck)
choice_C
if somehow you managed to boot into home screen, install apk (bootloader check) by chainfire (I think), I had previously experience some dev uses locked bootloader, which doesn't allow you to flash new rom properly.

cike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thank you for the help guys but the problem was actually the motherboard