5,604,764 Members 31,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Host of issues with connectivity

Tip us?

LtZKilla
Old
(Last edited by LtZKilla; 28th December 2013 at 04:59 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Host of issues with connectivity

So, this one is pretty difficult to describe, because of the host of issues that are seeming to plague me right now. To start, my issues began when I got home one day and realized that my play store wasn't working. I'm getting a "No Connection" error when I try to open it, and retrying merits nothing. It wasn't long before I realized the issues I was having weren't just with the play store - I couldn't get to my email, and I noticed that play music keeps trying, and quickly failing, to download songs.

Probably the most mind-boggling part of the issue is web browsing. Sometimes I'll simply get an error saying it can't connect, and sometimes it'll connect and show the site in an odd way: http://i.imgur.com/06PY7yJ.jpg
I've tried a fair few things, but it's hard to know where to start with all the different issues:

Reflashing(CM11)
Confirming the date and time were set correctly
Factory reset
Clearing cache for involved apps
Resetting modem and router
Resetting dalvik cache

If any more info is needed, I'd be glad to give it. I've got no idea how all of these issues are connected, or how to even begin to fix them.

LtZKilla
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Interestingly, I was able to access the play store for a few minutes earlier today, but I couldn't load any of the sections of the store or download anything. This is incredibly irritating.

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1706
You could try Odin flashing 4.1.2 VRBMF1, root/unlock, then see what happens after that.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

Maduro78
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Did you recently restore your imei? I had a similar issue and drove me crazy for a couple weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Whenever I flash a cm file it screwed my imei up and even after I restored it I had serious connectivity issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app