5,596,179 Members 33,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with ROM flashings (i9195)

Tip us?

san_gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Problems with ROM flashings (i9195)

Hello everybody,

I have a quite stressful situation with my s4 mini right now and I need your expertise.
It goes like this:

I was perfectly happy with my stock rom but for some reason I got this crazy idea of rooting and installing a custom rom.
So I followed the steps on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980
After CWM was installed and before the phone was rooted, I made a complete backup via CWM (Backup1) and then installed the rootkit (as mentioned on the above post). After successfully rooting it I made another backup (Backup2), you know, just in case

Then I followed the instructions on the CyanogenMod wiki (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Instal..._from_recovery) and installed it on my phone. It worked perfectly and I had CyanogenMod installed. But after playing around with it a bit, I realized that I didn't like it that much for various reasons. So I decided to go back to my original ROM. So I restarted in recovery mode and restored Backup2. Well this is where the problems start

The phone would start but once it boot up everything kept crushing. I kept getting messages every 10 seconds that gapps is not responding and nova launcher is not responding and the play store is not responding, etc. And in general you couldn't use it. So I tried once again restarting in recovery mode and restored Backup1. But again the same thing. Everything kept crushing.

What I want now is to have my original stock rom rooted. Problem is, I don't know where to find it. All I found was this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=9195 but the download links don't work. Plus I don't know what my firmware's code is (eg I9195XXUAMF5)

Can anyone help?

PS. I live in Denmark and I bought here. Also the phone is the i9195 model with 8gb.

niitro1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default s4 mini

Go to CWM and wipe it or try to fix permissions

mnezo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Factory reset from recovery should fix the force close.
Sammobile.com for firmwares

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mnezo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

san_gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnezo View Post
Factory reset from recovery should fix the force close.
Sammobile.com for firmwares

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app
Thanks! That helped a lot.

So now I downloaded and successfully flashed what Sammobile.com suggests is my stock firmware.
I followed again the procedure to root my phone (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980) but although superSU is installed, I don't think I have root access.

What happens is that first of all superSU says that it needs to update the binary but it when I click "continue" it fails to install. Then I get a security warning that superSU is trying to access protected files and that it was blocked. SuperSU asked me if I want to disable KNOX. I said yes so I don't get those messages anymore. But still superSU can't update.

The other thing is that the apps don't actually have root privilages. For example, when I try to enable root on ES File Explorer, I get the prompt to grant root access, and I select grant. But I still can't open specific folders in the file system. For example the /data folder is shown completely empty.

Also other apps don't behave like rooted.

Any thoughts??

mnezo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip or Vikinger
The Following User Says Thank You to mnezo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

san_gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnezo View Post
flash GT-I9195_Kernel_v1.zip or Vikinger
Thanks!
That worked

I hope that kernel doesn't have any bugs