5,606,722 Members 37,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How to successfully add Google apps and not get error messages?

Tip us?

darthnix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q]How to successfully add Google apps and not get error messages?

So following a tutorial by Android Cowboy, I got some Google apps to work (except youtube). Unfortunately, messages will come up saying "google service frameworks has stopped working", or process.gapps.something has stopped working". How do I stop these from showing up? They are quite annoying.

kholdstare
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I found the easiest way to get this working was to backup the same apps from my phone, galaxy nexus, using titanium backup and then restoring them to the kindle hdx. This does require root though. But this got my google services all working and as long as I don't try to download anything from the play store then I can search the site just fine.
Just remember to immediately turn off auto updates in the play store and stop any updates that have already tried to start.
Bitcoin Address: 186NWvr3buDGmpa5ECVGub37YX94NMSsLj

fierce_brake
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstare View Post
I found the easiest way to get this working was to backup the same apps from my phone, galaxy nexus, using titanium backup and then restoring them to the kindle hdx. This does require root though. But this got my google services all working and as long as I don't try to download anything from the play store then I can search the site just fine.
Just remember to immediately turn off auto updates in the play store and stop any updates that have already tried to start.
Interesting approach!
I shall try it
Only Jesus Saves
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

tech6
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstare View Post
How did you get the playstore on your hdx?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

darthnix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech6 View Post
How did you get the playstore on your hdx?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
His HDX is rooted, so after installing SafeStrap (a recovery program), he flashed the gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to darthnix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cbtk18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would do anything to get rid of these error messages. Does rooting accomplish this? I am hesitant to root because all I really want is google apps working flawlessly and I don't want to risk the root process (scared of losing warranty and bricking).

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Right now you can't get both Amazon and Google working together. People are working on that.

If you want Google, you have to rid all of Amazon stuff (or enough of it so it doesn't interfere w/ Google stuff).

Remember, you can always load up factory image, which would essentially unroot your device, and voila, good for returns.

darthnix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang View Post
Right now you can't get both Amazon and Google working together. People are working on that.

If you want Google, you have to rid all of Amazon stuff (or enough of it so it doesn't interfere w/ Google stuff).

Remember, you can always load up factory image, which would essentially unroot your device, and voila, good for returns.
I'm not rooted. I just got my HDX, so I don't won't to screw it up straight out of the box by doing something wrong with rooting. I guess I'll just wait for someone to say something that doesn't include rooting.

Tags
fire, google service framework, hdx, kindle, process.gapps