5,606,722 Members 36,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem to install TWRP 2.6.3.9 Unofficial

Tip us?
 
gianni_1963
Old
(Last edited by gianni_1963; 26th December 2013 at 10:01 AM.) Reason: Resolt !
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Problem to install TWRP 2.6.3.9 Unofficial

Hi to everybody, I'm going to update my TFT 101G from the rom stock to the custom one (I've not decided yet which) and after read many topics I started to root the device (done) and install the TWRP through the Goo Manager, I download the latest TWRP (zip file) from this topics

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434422

give the root permits at GooManager but it doesn't recognized the zip file downloaded; what is wrong ? I tried also to change the path were the file is stored (GooManager/setting) but nothing change, I also tried to read the .BLOB file but the message of GooManager is always the same

No recoveries were found for this device

I saw many recovery on GooManager database; may I use one different ?

Thanks to everybody want to help me.

Newibe confused

Edit: I used Terminal emulator instead of Goo Manager and I resolved it; now I start to find a good kernel+ rom to install...
 
frederuco
Old
#2  
frederuco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 689
Posts: 1,575
Join Date: Feb 2012
Glad you got it resolved.

I would recommend ShevT's KatKiss 4.3 builds for the TF101G. Look for the link in his forum signature any if his posts.

TimDuru's builds don't have native 3G support, but ShevT has figured it out and does the builds for the 3G built in.
ASUS Transformer 16GB with Keyboard Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
crApple iP*one 5 - Stock
Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
- Homer Jay Simpson
 
gianni_1963
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederuco View Post
Glad you got it resolved.

I would recommend ShevT's KatKiss 4.3 builds for the TF101G. Look for the link in his forum signature any if his posts.

TimDuru's builds don't have native 3G support, but ShevT has figured it out and does the builds for the 3G built in.
...I just discovered that the rom installed (KatKiss-4.3.1_029) don't have support on 3G !!!

To update it, is enough to flash e new rom or I need to re-flash gapp and kernel ?
 
frederuco
Old
#4  
frederuco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 689
Posts: 1,575
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_1963 View Post
...I just discovered that the rom installed (KatKiss-4.3.1_029) don't have support on 3G !!!



To update it, is enough to flash e new rom or I need to re-flash gapp and kernel ?

Look for ShevT's posts in KatKiss to find his version with 3G support.

Then wipe the caches and system partitions.

Flash ShevT's build then the GAPPS and you should be good.

It may be necessary to wipe data too, I've never tried it as I don't have the 3G version. If you experience Random Reboots or Sleep of a Death, wipe data (uninstalls all user apps) and set it up again to see if that helps.
ASUS Transformer 16GB with Keyboard Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
crApple iP*one 5 - Stock
Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
- Homer Jay Simpson
 
gianni_1963
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederuco View Post
Look for ShevT's posts in KatKiss to find his version with 3G support.

Then wipe the caches and system partitions.

Flash ShevT's build then the GAPPS and you should be good.

It may be necessary to wipe data too, I've never tried it as I don't have the 3G version. If you experience Random Reboots or Sleep of a Death, wipe data (uninstalls all user apps) and set it up again to see if that helps.
Thanks a lot Federuco, I'll try and I let you know.
Regards
 
gianni_1963
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni_1963 View Post
Thanks a lot Federuco, I'll try and I let you know.
Regards
...after some days of testing, this are my comment :
very good ROM
stable, if you don't increase spped of processor
many intersting feture
GPS doesn't work (or needs hours to fix)
3G works (sim and system find it) but is not possible to navigate with the browser (KatKiss made by ShevT)

Someone can help me to find a solution at my problems ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...