XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wi-Fi Issue

Tip us?

.Bambino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 809
Default Wi-Fi Issue

Hey guys! So I have been having some wi-fi issues it seems like ever since I upgraded to 4.3. I currently running MOAR 6.0 with stock kernel. A week or so ago I was given MOAR 7.0.. It wasn't quite ready yet so I went back to MOAR 6.0. But before I did I had Wi-Fi issues. That's one of the reasons why I went back. Anyway, I am not really sure if this is an ROM, Kernel, or Comcast ISP issue. I know today I did call Comcast and they sent a refresh signal to my router. Wi-Fi connected to my phone and all was well. Now it's back to using mobile data. I am using Wi-Fi on my laptop fine. Never had an issue. Just having an issue with constant Wi-Fi on my phone. I changed kernels and nothing changes. Only thing that I have done that has changed anything is me requesting a refresh signal and that only lasts so long. Any suggestions?

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6206
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bambino View Post
Hey guys! So I have been having some wi-fi issues it seems like ever since I upgraded to 4.3. I currently running MOAR 6.0 with stock kernel. A week or so ago I was given MOAR 7.0.. It wasn't quite ready yet so I went back to MOAR 6.0. But before I did I had Wi-Fi issues. That's one of the reasons why I went back. Anyway, I am not really sure if this is an ROM, Kernel, or Comcast ISP issue. I know today I did call Comcast and they sent a refresh signal to my router. Wi-Fi connected to my phone and all was well. Now it's back to using mobile data. I am using Wi-Fi on my laptop fine. Never had an issue. Just having an issue with constant Wi-Fi on my phone. I changed kernels and nothing changes. Only thing that I have done that has changed anything is me requesting a refresh signal and that only lasts so long. Any suggestions?
You may want to start by making sure the screws on the back of your Device are snug. I know it sounds weird, but its happened to a few people. The next thing you may want to try, is to take the Device back to Stock Un-Rooted. See if the issue persists. Just don't ODIN to 4.3 Stock. I would suggest 4.1.2 or lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Bambino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
You may want to start by making sure the screws on the back of your Device are snug. I know it sounds weird, but its happened to a few people. The next thing you may want to try, is to take the Device back to Stock Un-Rooted. See if the issue persists. Just don't ODIN to 4.3 Stock. I would suggest 4.1.2 or lower.
Hey prboy1969! How are you man? Is there anything else you suggest? I really don't want to unroot my phone. I know last night I did connect to Wi-Fi at my job. I am not sure how long I was connected but I never did lose connection. I work again Monday. I will be there for 8hrs plus. So if I don't lose connection what do you think would be the next step?

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6206
Doing good man . The next thing I would suggest I'd resetting your Modem. Also check the Wi-Fi settings on the device. I had a similar issue once before. It turned out to be something simple. But I cannot remember what it was .

TEAM MiK MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Bambino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 809
I'm not sure if it's the device or the phone. Any ideas how I could find that out? Today I was on Wi-Fi all day at work. But when I get home I can't. But my laptop does. It could go both ways. I'm just getting frustrated at this point.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

prboy1969
Old
(Last edited by prboy1969; 24th December 2013 at 08:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6206
Go into your Wi-Fi settings. Find your home modem connection. Delete it from the list, and reboot. When it's done rebooting try to connect.

EDIT:
So I was doing a bit of reading. It seems like you are not the only one to have this issue after trying a 4.3 Rom. I'm not saying that's what caused it. I'm not sure what did in your case, or anyones case that matter. But I saw that CNexus has a WiFi Fix posted in his OP for the Stock Rooted TW 4.3 Rom. So you might want to contact him, and ask if it help with your WiFi issue. Or if you are feeling brave just flash it. I personally would contact him first.

.Bambino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Go into your Wi-Fi settings. Find your home modem connection. Delete it from the list, and reboot. When it's done rebooting try to connect.

EDIT:
So I was doing a bit of reading. It seems like you are not the only one to have this issue after trying a 4.3 Rom. I'm not saying that's what caused it. I'm not sure what did in your case, or anyones case that matter. But I saw that CNexus has a WiFi Fix posted in his OP for the Stock Rooted TW 4.3 Rom. So you might want to contact him, and ask if it help with your WiFi issue. Or if you are feeling brave just flash it. I personally would contact him first.

Nice! I think your right bro. Because I didn't have an issue until I rooted to 4.3 and that's another reason why I went back to 4.1.2. I am currently on 4.1.2. MOAR. Should I wait until 7.1 comes out and see if I have issues with it and if I do flash the wi fi fix. I don't think that I could use the Wi Fi fix on 4.1.2.

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6206
I wouldn't flash the WiFi Fix unless you are on 4.3 . If you want you could wait for MOAR v7.1 to drop. Or you could update your Modem to MK3, while on 4.1.2 . Then do a FULL Wipe, and Flash MOAR v7.0.0 . See if everything is all good. But it's entirely up to you.

.Bambino
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 809
Thanks for all your help bro. Your a real contributor in this community. I tried to connect to Wi-Fi on my girlfriend phone and it didn't work. Called Comcast up last night and they fixed it. Hopefully it stays on this time. Thanks again for everything! @prboy1969

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to .Bambino For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6206
Your very welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted out. Hopefully it stays sorted .