XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem installing Null?

Tip us?

dav08094194
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Post [Q] Problem installing Null?

Im following the guide on the unlocker.com. I can root the watch, flash the custom recovery with odin and copy the file over null.zip file.
The trouble i encounter is when trying to enter twrp by selecting recovery.
The android sign comes up with installing update? and then it boots back into the operating system and i have to repair it with my note 3 again? am i doing something wrong or is it just sods law?

Thanks for the help in advance
My Current Device: Gakaxy Note 2 - Omega Rom

Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S2, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc, HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S,HTC Desire HD, Dell steak, HD2, HTC Hero

Full Throttle1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problem with mine. You have to enter the following commands after rooting to make the new recovery stick (note, don't put the $ and # symbols in the command) -

$ adb shell

$ su

# mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p20 /system

# rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p

dav08094194
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle1 View Post
I had the same problem with mine. You have to enter the following commands after rooting to make the new recovery stick (note, don't put the $ and # symbols in the command) -

$ adb shell

$ su

# mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p20 /system

# rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p
Hi is this with the windows command? the rooting method im following is using an impactor.exe to supersu onto the system and then installing supersu on the watch with wondershare mobilego? is this the same as you?
My Current Device: Gakaxy Note 2 - Omega Rom

Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S2, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc, HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S,HTC Desire HD, Dell steak, HD2, HTC Hero

Full Throttle1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav08094194 View Post
Hi is this with the windows command? the rooting method im following is using an impactor.exe to supersu onto the system and then installing supersu on the watch with wondershare mobilego? is this the same as you?
Correct. You do it through the Windows command (after rooting), the same way you flash the new recovery (TWRP) through ADB. So before flashing, type those commands and it'll allow the new recovery to stick without reverting back to the factory Samsung software every time you enter the recovery mode.

ptfd139
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle1 View Post
Correct. You do it through the Windows command (after rooting), the same way you flash the new recovery (TWRP) through ADB. So before flashing, type those commands and it'll allow the new recovery to stick without reverting back to the factory Samsung software every time you enter the recovery mode.
Hi jumping in here as appears I am having the same issue. Question the recovery is added through Odin and then the ROM is added through Wondershare directly to the SD card on Gear. Where and how are the commands you typed to be added? Thinking original poster and I are in the same boat. I go to flash recovery and get complete reboot.

st-tps
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfd139 View Post
Hi jumping in here as appears I am having the same issue. Question the recovery is added through Odin and then the ROM is added through Wondershare directly to the SD card on Gear. Where and how are the commands you typed to be added? Thinking original poster and I are in the same boat. I go to flash recovery and get complete reboot.
The correct way of installing null_ would be:
1. Root your Gear
2. Enable ADB in your Gear (Search how to enable)
3. Conenct to PC and install Gear adb drivers
4. Download ADB to your PC, unpack, in explorer go to the adb folder, Hold shift and right click the mouse, choose "Start command prompt here"
5. Run the commands listed in this thread.
6. install TWRP using odin.
7. Move your null_ zip file to Gear storage using wondershare
8. Reboot Gear into Recovery and install your null_ zip.

That should be about it... There is great guides on this forum that explains every step more detailed.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, IŽll gladly recieve a little something

ptfd139
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps View Post
The correct way of installing null_ would be:
4. Download ADB to your PC, unpack, in explorer go to the adb folder, Hold shift and right click the mouse, choose "Start command prompt here"
5. Run the commands listed in this thread.

That should be about it... There is great guides on this forum that explains every step more detailed.
Thats step apepars I am having issue with... is ther detailed explanation how to do? I have ADB on puter but lost once I get to "prompt" part as I've never used this method in any of my previous roots/roms.

st-tps
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfd139 View Post
Thats step apepars I am having issue with... is ther detailed explanation how to do? I have ADB on puter but lost once I get to "prompt" part as I've never used this method in any of my previous roots/roms.
Try the thing I explained:
Hold shift on keyboard and the rightclick anywhere in the folder window. You will get a new alternativ saying something like "Start command prompt here", choose that and a command window shows.
Now copy and paste row one and press enter, row two and so on... You should notice if things go good or bad.
Gear owners! Download my widgets: NotiCounter Widget and NotiList Widget - Galaxy Gear Exclusives!
For a complete compilation of my Gear Exclusive Apps, check out my External Site.

If you like it and find 'em useful, IŽll gladly recieve a little something