XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Home Key Sticking, Phone Going Crazy

Tip us?

6degreesoff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Home Key Sticking, Phone Going Crazy

Hello All. I've used these forums many many many times and have never had to ask a question... until now.

I had/have an issue with my headphone jack, and watched/followed a teardown vid to take apart my phone to check if there was anything I could do to fix the issue myself before calling in the big guns. I did not fix the issue, put the phone back together. during the teardown/put back there were no issues, but once I got it back together the home key would not work. I rebooted, no help. I took the phone apart again, checked to see if I damaged anything- saw nothing. Home key still would not work... properly. It is randomly working, but not when I press it. Every few seconds, or every few minutes it will long-press on its own and bring up task manager. My phone is out of warranty, and i'm sure i cannot afford to send it in to be repaired. Does anyone know if this is a software or hardware issue? I know it's my fault and I don't care about the headphone j ;ack anymore. I just need my phone to stop randomly opening the task manager. I installed a softkey home button app just so I can get to homepage without banging the back button (which still works, as does the menu - the homekey will sometimes bring up the menu as well) a million times. I would like to fix the issue, but at the very least i can live with disabling the home key and using softkeys. will rooting help? right now i am backing up my stuff so that I can do a factory reset. If that doesn't work I will need some advice, and I know you genius' have a few cents worth. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks in advance.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2867
Replace home key pad...
It's really the only proper fix for your issue...g

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g