More Notifications option hangs Gear Manager

Tip us?

s2kpdx
Old
Thanks Meter 4
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuh1fmfvcb...hmanager-1.apk

Found that link to the previous version. Working perfect for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raider7243
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default not solving our problem

Not trying to be a jerk here but I guess my only reply and I don't want to speak for everyone else, would be I fail to see how your device working solves our problem. And now with the rollback everything is working as intended. In a discussion with Samsung Tech support they have acknowledged that there is a bug in the 1.5.121601 version. Additionally I cannot even update to 1.5.121601 as we speak

Thanks for showing us all that yours works, but that didn't solve our problem, nuff said.

lollo1927
Old
Thanks Meter 37
The version of 27 December 1.5.121601 with the original ROM on my SAMSUNG NOTE 3 DOES NOT WORK, or other notifications do not work better ...
Perhaps, with CUSTOM ROM or earlier to my J7, the GEAR MANAGER might work, but it is absolutely certain that in the configuration described above DOES NOT WORK as it should ... sorry for my bad English ...
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - ROM: Stock Samsung 4.3 - KERNEL: Stock Samsung
GADGET: Samsung Galaxy Gear - ROM: Stock Samsung - KERNEL: Stock Samsung

GingerKoala
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you!

I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung Tech Support yesterday, tried everything up to the uninstall/reinstall/reset gear and nothing worked.

Installed the apk for the previous version (Thanks Jeremy!!) and everything is working again!

The phone tried to make me update back to the more recent version but I tapped Cancel and so far so good.

vanisleguy1976
Old
(Last edited by vanisleguy1976; 28th December 2013 at 06:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 248
To clarify, I have X-Note 7 on my Note 3, and I'm running null_16 on my watch. Perhaps there are software issues with whatever combination of phone/watch configuration you have.

Perhaps it would be best if we post our device information when discussing software issues, seeing as there is an infinite number of combinations that could affect functionality.

I think we have a rare and unusual situation with our gear. Normally when troubleshooting problems with software, we're all on the same page because we're all using the same device. But the gear brings a new element to the table because it adds a second piece of connected hardware into the mix.

We cannot assume anymore that the other individual has the same phone. I mean, even though gear manager is designed specifically for the Note 3 and S4, people are figuring out every day how to connect it to new devices.

So again, with my Note 3 running X-Note 7 and my watch running null_16, the latest update to gear manager works flawlessly. I'm sorry yours does not.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rogers Edition)
HTC EVO3D GSM
Acer Iconia A500

ardsar
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I've got an s4 running stock rom and watch running null 16 and I have the issue with latest gear manager. Reverted back to previous version.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
-----------------------------------------------
Samsung S4
Nexus 5

tkjeeper
Old
Thanks Meter 768
I got the update yesterday to 601, I have no issues with notifications. Im stock on gear not rooted, and on darthstalker on the n3, rooted obviously. This is on Rogers, just fyi

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

GingerKoala
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone Info

I have the S4, not rooted, on Sprint. Firmware version MK2. Gear software version MK7. Gear Manager now running previous version and working perfectly.

mhonard
Old
(Last edited by mhonard; 28th December 2013 at 08:49 PM.) Reason: Spelling and clarification
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerKoala View Post
I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung Tech Support yesterday, tried everything up to the uninstall/reinstall/reset gear and nothing worked.

Installed the apk for the previous version (Thanks Jeremy!!) and everything is working again!

The phone tried to make me update back to the more recent version but I tapped Cancel and so far so good.
I'm thoroughly confused. Everything was working fine between Note 3/gear yesterday but unfortunately I accepted an update this morning. All my notifications stopped. I saw this thread so I attempted to reinstall the older version CORRECTION 1.5.120601. That went as planned although I was uncomfortable that I could remove all instances of the gear app mamanger. I did not accept the restore option and did a clean install and I turned automatic updates off.

I should mention at one time ( a few weeks back) this gear was rooted but I returned to factory status installing software version UAMK7.

So I'm running the older version but I'm still not getting any notifications. I do receive incoming call alerts. I'm thoroughly perplexed and would appreciate any advice

UPDATE: Just noticed if I toggle the main Notifications on to off and back on again, notifications arrive on the gear.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhonard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joseduddy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default latest Gear Manager update

Hello everyone
Sprint/ Usa/ Maine
Updated this morning
Gear Manger SM-V700
Software xxxxxxxUAMK7
Galaxy Note 3
12/29/2013
Ver: 1.5.12601
Stock rom on gear watch.
Running just fine.Not really sure what the update was for.
Just thought I would post.

Thanks Jose