Tip us?

JJE990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Tablet [Q] [REQ] Nexus 7 (2012) build.prop

Hi there!

I rooted my Nexus 7 when 4.4 was released in the UK, and now 4.4.2 is out, I want to update to that, but when I try to flash it in TWRP, it tells me that there are unexpected changes to 'build.prop'. I have indeed changed that file, but made a back-up. Unfortunately, it has not remembered that that backup existed, and as a result, I have no way of changing it. ES File Explorer refuses to make any changes to any system files even with Root Explorer.

Could anyone post the Android 4.4 build.prop for the Nexus 7 (2012)?

Thanks,

JJE990

bftb0
Old
Thanks Meter 775
oldblue910 (OP of the OTA thread) maintains an archive of past & present factory images for nakasi, nakasig, etc.

You can dig anything you want out of the system.img files using simg2img. See here, here, or here.

Don't you make nandroid backups of anything? TWRP .win files are just "tar" archives - might you already have the factory "/system/build.prop" in a Nandroid somewhere?

cheers
"I'm gonna start coding placebo apps. That way I will be sure that the complaints are real and the praises hollow."
The Following User Says Thank You to bftb0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJE990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftb0 View Post
oldblue910 (OP of the OTA thread) maintains an archive of past & present factory images for nakasi, nakasig, etc.

You can dig anything you want out of the system.img files using simg2img. See here, here, or here.

Don't you make nandroid backups of anything? TWRP .win files are just "tar" archives - might you already have the factory "/system/build.prop" in a Nandroid somewhere?

cheers
Unfortunately, I don't have admin rights on my PC, and the admin doesn't want me installing software onto the PC. Is there any other way I can obtain it? If not, could someone please get the stock Nexus 7 (2012) build.prop file from Android 4.4 KitKat for me and post a link?

Thanks,

JJE

mattiL
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJE990 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't have admin rights on my PC, and the admin doesn't want me installing software onto the PC. Is there any other way I can obtain it? If not, could someone please get the stock Nexus 7 (2012) build.prop file from Android 4.4 KitKat for me and post a link?

Thanks,

JJE
build.prop from my N7 (2012) attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip build.prop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 32 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mattiL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]