5,606,347 Members 33,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Budget cases

Tip us?

tpierce89
Old
(Last edited by tpierce89; 29th December 2013 at 11:54 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
Default Budget cases

I'd like to see a thread for budget cases. I need a tough case, but I want this to be open to all types.

I am currently using a Caseology TPU case. It is not tough enough for what I need, but for someone who needs mild protection it is great. It's super slim and seems to be high quality. It barely adds any thickness to the phone.

Qualifications for the budget cases thread......

1. Must be $17.99 or less.

That's about it. I am a case collector just like many others here, but I tend to stay in the $15 range. I'd love to have the slim armor view or a zerolemon or even a Love-mei but I just don't have the money. Let's see your budget solutions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Edited to broaden the spectrum of available cases.
AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Long time lurker and Android App Developer.

Are you tired of notifications interrupting your music? Download "Don't Pause" and let your phone automatically silence notifications for you. Don't Pause on the Google Play Store

If you are interested in a custom Android app to promote your business website then PM me now! Here is a link to a previous app for a local business The Cassady Co. App

jsdecker10
Old
(Last edited by jsdecker10; 29th December 2013 at 08:05 PM.) Reason: Re-Ordered and added to the list
Thanks Meter 48
Hey, I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to ya and I thought I'd help ya out and give your "Budget Cases List" a little "jump-start" by making a small starter list here for ya. These are all decent little cases for the money and none of them willshould break the bank(Let's HOPE!! lol). Each of these prices listed below are clickable URL links that direct you to their respective Amazon.com listings and are also listed in order from least expensive ----> most expensive(JUST of what's on THIS list, obviously lol). So far, for this small list I've made here, the least expensive one here will only run you $4.99 for the case + $2.97 to ship it, and the prices for these cases that I've listed vary up to the most expensive one here, still listed on Amazon.com at only $13.99 for the case + FREE Shipping if you subscribe to Amazon Prime. If, for some reason, you decide to change your mind and alter your terms for this "Budget Cases List" by increasing your price-ceiling, you could barellllyy up your ceiling by just a couple of bucks to try to keep everything at under......say.... $17.00, for example. If you did this, you could really broaden your spectrum by a good margin and be able to include more "well-known" and "proven" cases such as the Spigen Slim Armor ("Infinity White" - $16.99 + FREE Shipping with Amazon Prime). Now I'm reallllyy not trying to take anything at all away from these cases here by saying that you can include "proven" cases if you raise your price-ceiling. I'm just referencing the well-known fact that the Spigen Slim Armor Case IS one of the MORE "well-known" and "proven" cases here on XDA-Developers.com for the Galaxy Note 3. That's just a thought for ya....
  • [White] Mercury Goospery (Many different colors | Price ranges from $4.99 - $7.99):
    $4.99
  • Bear Motion (TM) Premium Slim Back Cover Case:
    $5.99
  • Poetic Invictus Hybrid:
    $6.95
  • [Black] Mercury Goospery:
    $7.99
  • Diztronic Matte Black:
    $9.99
  • Spigen Slim (Non-Slip Matte Black):
    $9.99
  • Spigen Bounce:
    $10.99
  • SUPCASE "Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Case":
    $13.99

--Anyone and everyone, PLEASE feel free to contribute your "finds" and add to this list too!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jsdecker10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tpierce89
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
Wow! Awesome list. Thanks for the contribution.

I'm fine with raising the limit to $17.99. I've seen the slim armor and it's nice, but I just don't feel right getting it without the view part.

AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Long time lurker and Android App Developer.

Are you tired of notifications interrupting your music? Download "Don't Pause" and let your phone automatically silence notifications for you. Don't Pause on the Google Play Store

If you are interested in a custom Android app to promote your business website then PM me now! Here is a link to a previous app for a local business The Cassady Co. App

amebiasis
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpierce89 View Post
I'd like to see a thread for budget cases. I need a tough case, but I want this to be open to all types.

I am currently using a Caseology TPU case. It is not tough enough for what I need, but for someone who needs mild protection it is great. It's super slim and seems to be high quality. It barely adds any thickness to the phone.

Qualifications for the budget cases thread......

1. Must be $14.99 or less.

That's about it. I am a case collector just like many others here, but I tend to stay in the $15 range. I'd love to have the slim armor view or a zerolemon or even a Love-mei but I just don't have the money. Let's see your budget solutions.

I can vouch for the Spigen slim have a Slim Armor View on waiting and picked up thus and the Bear motion flip case. The spigen I'm using right now, it's a very stiff, good gripping, minimal case that looks pretty good, think I pad 10 bucks for it. The bear motion is a nice flip case. I can hold cards or cash in it. Has a built in stand and just nice look to it over all. You already saw the spigen slim here's the link to bear motion.

Bear Motion Flip Case
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32gb(Verizon) w/ZeroLemon 10,000mah Battery
ROM: Beans Build 6 AOSP Themed, Android 4.3
Tablet: ASUS Transformer TF300 32gb w/Keyboard Dock
ROM: OMNI Rom-Scanno's home builds, Android 4.4.2