Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Users - Read First ! ! !

Tip us?

old_dp_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great info. Thanks.

fullboogie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It was posts like this one that helped me to learn enough about the NT to allow me to root, add CM7, modify the build prop, etc. We noobs really do read these posts and we appreciate them. Thank you.

sah0724
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I got a deal for the 8 gig for 80 bucks, I also see on frys they have the 16 gig for 105 shipped... what's the better deal and bargain? I just want to throw ICS on it and have a decent cheap tablet.

PowerSonon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default better late than never and for all those asking the same question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
I got a deal for the 8 gig for 80 bucks, I also see on frys they have the 16 gig for 105 shipped... what's the better deal and bargain? I just want to throw ICS on it and have a decent cheap tablet.
Well the difference there would be the ram the 8gb has 512 Mb of RAM and the 16 gig has 1024 Mb of RAM. I have used both, owning the 8gb and working on my friends 16gb and the real difference is the 16gb loads a little faster, maybe 10 secs faster at most over the 8 gb and also I hate to say it but a little smoother gameplay. if it were me, at those prices I would spend the extra $25, see I was one didn't want to wait and went and bought it at B&N, regrettably.
As for putting ICS on it, there are ways for both tablets, most are compatible with each other, but just double check to make sure as you can severely mess things up if you do not use proper avenues of approach. Not to worry though, if you do, once again there are many way out there to fix it if you do. Well HoPe this helps any and all who wonder!

TheAndroidN00BIE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently picked up a Nook Tablet 8gb version second hand. I have been toying with the idea of rooting and adding CM10 to try to get more out of it. I was wondering how hard this process is and if its really worth it.

digixmax
Old
(Last edited by digixmax; 30th December 2013 at 12:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAndroidN00BIE View Post
I recently picked up a Nook Tablet 8gb version second hand. I have been toying with the idea of rooting and adding CM10 to try to get more out of it. I was wondering how hard this process is and if its really worth it.
It's not that hard and is absolutely worth it. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575489 for info/pointers.